Born Free.....Die Hard

This is a discussion on Born Free.....Die Hard within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I saw this movie today and LOVED it. Don't go looking for a lot (or any) realism, but it is just plain FUN. Take the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Born Free.....Die Hard

Exclamation Born Free.....Die Hard

I saw this movie today and LOVED it. Don't go looking for a lot (or any) realism, but it is just plain FUN. Take the family there are no objectionable scenes for the kids (no nudity or sex) Lots of "gun violence" H000000YAH! But nothing really bad. Bruce gets all banged and bloodied up but that's his signature from the first one.

IMHO this one is better than all the rest put together. There were a few funny allusions to the first one in this but you've got to listen hard to catch them.

One thing: It seems that Bruce has traded in his Beretta M92 for something else but I couldn't QUITE identify it. I only noticed it has a silver bar along the bottom of the frame for the serial # right in front of the trigger guard. I only got the briefest of glances of the thing drawn. At first I thought he'd gone to a Sig P226. Then it looked too square for that. So maybe a Glock? I don't think so in the one scene where he flashes it in his shoulder holster, there is are plainly seen wooden grip panels. Maybe a Centurion? Maybe a Cougar? At one point I thought I was looking at a Springfield XD at another it looked like a S&W M&P! It's possible he was picking up bad guy guns along the way....he does wipe out a good percentage of them!

So has anybody else seen it? Can anybody ID the new gun? Don't tell me it stunk....cuz it didn't! Bruce is a good progun conservative Republican. You owe it to the country to see this movie! There are so many parts where you will be pumping your clenched fist to your waist because a bad guy got what he (or she) deserved in spectacular fashion.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    It was excellant. I wasn't expecting much more than lots and lots and lots of action, and that's exactly what this movie delivered.

Favorite part - the F-35 chasing McClane in the semi. I have a hard time believing any pilot would fire on a vehicle in highway traffic in a major US city, but hey, it looked awesome.

I kep trying to ID his gun too. The serial number plate matches my USP, but I don't think that's what it was.

Wink Don't think it was an H&K

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    It was excellant. I wasn't expecting much more than lots and lots and lots of action, and that's exactly what this movie delivered.

Favorite part - the F-35 chasing McClane in the semi. I have a hard time believing any pilot would fire on a vehicle in highway traffic in a major US city, but hey, it looked awesome.

I kep trying to ID his gun too. The serial number plate matches my USP, but I don't think that's what it was.
    That plane doesn't really exist, right? I never heard of a stealth Harrier.

He's still definitely got a 9mm. LOTS of ammo goin' downrange. Not much recoil.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    That plane doesn't really exist, right? I never heard of a stealth Harrier.
    Joint Strike Fighter. VSTOL version
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Question I knew THAT...

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I know it's the Joint Strike Fighter. I thought they were known as the YF-22 or YF-23 Not F35. Also that stol engine that folds out from underneath the fuselage is situated (IIRC from talking to some jet jockeys) in the wrong place for any sort of hover capability. The Harriers are situated at the mid line...got a better pic from the side showing the nifty fold away STOL jet?

Senior Moderator
    He used several different guns throughout the flick, picking them up off the ground as needed.
    Like you, I had a hard time keeping up. I thought he started out with a Sig, but at one time I saw the number plate on the bottom of one so Im pretty sure it was a Glock something...but I'm not sure he used anything much...I meanafter he neutralized a dozen or so badguys he would switch to something else...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Wink I knew I was right....

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    From the Internet Movie Data base (Pro version)

Factual errors: F-35B for Marines Corps won't be in service before 2012.

Here's a link to some fun facts about the film. BE ADVISED there are some SPOILERS here if you haven't seen the movie...

http://pro.imdb.com/title/tt0337978/funfacts

Wink Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    Again according to the IMDb, the freeways surrounding that area of Baltimore are all single level not stacked so the pilot would have had a wide open shot. I think any pilot would fire on any ordered target as long as he had verified orders and a proper authorization "GO CODE." Remember 911? Fighters took to the air unarmed (no time to get loaded fer bear) with orders that could have required a Kamakazi style ram into a civilan jetliner full of innocent people just to kill three or four terrorists piloting a flying bomb to another target. Follow on aircraft that were armed were given the same instructions. A lot of folks have suggested that the reality of FLT 93 was that it was taken down this way. However I'm not going to dishonor the courage of those sheepdogs by suggesting that's a fact. I don't think it IS fact. All I know is that the prep orders were given.

Wife: "Honey, are you still on that 'forum' on the computer?"

Me: "Yes Dear!"

Wife: "Why don't we do something different; something fun tonight?"

Me: "Dear, you're right! You deserve something special. I've got an idea, why don't we go to the show this evening?"

Wife: "What? You never want to go to the show, what's up?"

Me: "Nothing really, I just think that you deserve a night out!"

Wife: "Are you serious?"

Me: "Yep, I know that you like love stories, and I prefer action. I've heard that there is this new movie called, 'Born Free, Die Hard'...and it's supposed to be really good. I think we both will like it! You want to go?"

Wife: "Are you sure that you're willing to leave that computer?"

Me: "Hey, for you...ANYTHING!...Let's go."

ExSoldier, Thanks for the tip...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I saw it last week with my dad. We get together a couple time s amonth to catch up and see a movie.

We loved this one. I am a fan of the series and this one was the best hands down.

Transformers is scheduled for this week. I'll let you know.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I saw the others ones when I was ALOT younger (a kid.) and don't really remeber them. I just saw this one and LOVED IT. Stellar.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Again according to the IMDb, the freeways surrounding that area of Baltimore are all single level not stacked so the pilot would have had a wide open shot. I think any pilot would fire on any ordered target as long as he had verified orders and a proper authorization "GO CODE." Remember 911? Fighters took to the air unarmed (no time to get loaded fer bear) with orders that could have required a Kamakazi style ram into a civilan jetliner full of innocent people just to kill three or four terrorists piloting a flying bomb to another target. Follow on aircraft that were armed were given the same instructions. A lot of folks have suggested that the reality of FLT 93 was that it was taken down this way. However I'm not going to dishonor the courage of those sheepdogs by suggesting that's a fact. I don't think it IS fact. All I know is that the prep orders were given.
    Good point. In a crisis situation like that, I suppose it might be possible.

About the F-35: The engine nozzle is only one part of the equation for hovering flight. There is also a shaft-driven lift fan directly behind the cockpit that provides the rest of the thrust, as well as wing-mounted gas jets for roll control. It's a really awesome aircraft, and not just for it's VTOL capability. I'm not away of any other supersonic fighter than can take off at only 80mph.

Wink I thought TRANSFORMERS was the best summer movie....

Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    Transformers is scheduled for this week. I'll let you know.
    Then I saw DIE HARD. WOW. Also saw Harry Potter yesterday.
    That was okay. Read all the books so I pretty much see the movies anyway. Can't WAIT until the Bourne Ultimatum and there's another terrorist movie in August called KINGDOM about an FBI team in Saudi Arabia investigating a terror attack. Looks excellent.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    The orginal Die Hard is one of the best action movies ever. Sounds like they may have refound the mojo in this one. I'll have to check it out when it comes to DVD. I just don't go to the movies that much anymore.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links