John from Cincinnati ......

This is a discussion on John from Cincinnati ...... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone else watch this show? Am I the only one who likes it but is lost? I know a lot of you do not watch ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John from Cincinnati ......

John from Cincinnati ......

Anyone else watch this show? Am I the only one who likes it but is lost?

I know a lot of you do not watch TV and honestly I don't watch that much but this show has me hooked. But, I just don't know what the heck is going on. Tonights episode has me more lost than ever.

Anyone else a fan and if so, do you understand what is going on in this show?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Ive been watching it, and im as lost as your are. I had no clue what was going on tonight.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

At least I'm not the only one.

It's still a good show. It still has me as a fan even though I don't know what is going on.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Moderator
    I've never heard of it, is it on cable?

We don't have cable, because we can not find anything good on 5 channels much quicker than on 250 channels. I would be addicted to the History channel though.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

It's certainly not a show you can absently mindedly watch. You really have to concentrate on dialog. It's weird but I never miss it!

I'm still upset about the fact that Sopranos is over, and that Deadwood and Rome series are not returning (although I have heard rumors of a "mini-series" of two 2 hour shows to finish the show.

So, sell me on this new show, as I am interested somewhat in the show.
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

You need to start watcing it from the beginning, theres so much stuff going on its hard to explain it. People die and come back to life, one guy floats, and then there John, i really don't know what to say about john.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis27 View Post
    I'm still upset about the fact that Sopranos is over, and that Deadwood and Rome series are not returning (although I have heard rumors of a "mini-series" of two 2 hour shows to finish the show.

So, sell me on this new show, as I am interested somewhat in the show.
    It has a lot of Deadwood folks working on it. Let me tell you before I knew that I had watched it and knew there was a Deadwood tie-in just from the language some of the characters use.

You do need to see it from the beginning though.

Link to show site.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

This show is produced by the fellow who produced Deadwood -- the doctor on this show was Jack McCall in Deadwood and the bald headed drug dealer from Hawaii was the deputy marshal on Deadwood. Great show -- the truly puzzling thing is how they have Rebecca DeMornay playing a grandmother when she is still one of the hottest women in the world. Washing her .38 in the sink was a great move.

I believe Deadwood IS coming back...just not sure when.
    On this show...which I am also hooked on and somewhat lost with...I believe there is a tie between John and Zippy the bird.
    John keeps refering to "My Father". Is he a angel? He was doing astro projection last night, I believe. My hubby thinks the BBQ last night was like a "Last Supper" type thing. I am not sure, but I can hardly wait for the next episode. I am still wondering when the new season of The Wire starts.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Deadwood is Dead and this show is why. The producer said it was one or the other and HBO went for the drug addict, biblical tie in surfer show nobody understands over the western that had critical acclaim and a solid audience.

I watched a couple episodes and then stopped, no further interest. The characters do not so much as interst me as aggravate me and I have enough aggravation in my life.

Deadwood was concieved from the beginning as a four season show. It was chopped before its finish. Olyphant, who played Bullock, found out about the show not being renwed (in spite of huge appeal, ratings and reviews) by cell phone as he was walking around the house he just closed on. Class act HBO.

They talked about one or two two hour specials to close out Deadwood in a crushed style but I don't see it happenning. Actors move on when they become unemployed. Too much time is going by. I refuse to buy the box sets for Deadwood because I see no point in owning a four season show that has only three seasons. Get to the end of season three and ... nothing.

Rome coverred the period it had intended. I can see two seasons with perhaps another historical drama taking its place.

Sopranos had a huge run and its open ending made sense to me. I could see Deadwood finishing in a similar style with many of the minor characters unaccounted for. But Sopranos did not end with the war unresolved and Deadwood should not have ended with all of its HUGE open issues.

Deadwood is dead?? That really sucks. I really enjoyed that show.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I recall Cincinnati....WKRP.

Seriously, I miss Showtime's DEAD LIKE ME that was showing for a while on the Sci-FI Channel. Only lasted two seasons and the show was just hitting it's stride creatively.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Hulk View Post
    I recall Cincinnati....WKRP.

Seriously, I miss Showtime's DEAD LIKE ME that was showing for a while on the Sci-FI Channel. Only lasted two seasons and the show was just hitting it's stride creatively.
    That show was funny it sucks thay they canceled it.
    Last edited by GotSig?; July 18th, 2007 at 01:54 AM.
    كافر(Infidel)

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I am a fan of Big Love but the way HBO is it will be canned after this season I'm sure. I enjoy all of the drama and backstabbing etc. that polgamy seems to bring.

Have not watched the John from Cin. yet. Sounds to weird for my tastes. I was disappointed with the Soprano's ending after watching every episode for the 8 years. I expected it to end with a boom. I understand the symbolism and all but like most American's I like my entertainment wrapped up in a neat little package. Particulary something that I invested a bunch of time and money (HBO is $11 extra a month) into. Either Tony loses his head or goes to jail......that was what I wanted to see.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links