It wasn't enough to take the guns

This is a discussion on It wasn't enough to take the guns within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It wasn't enough for the UK to take the guns away from the population. Now they are proposing taking away the teaching of possibly their ...

Thread: It wasn't enough to take the guns

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar

It wasn't enough for the UK to take the guns away from the population. Now they are proposing taking away the teaching of possibly their greatest leader in the last 100 years.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2007320449,00.html

But he is not going alone, oh no. With him they are also removing a great number of references to historical figures such as Hitler, Martin Luther and Henry the VIII.

Wonder how long until Big Brother takes up residence in the UK.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Unhappy

Some get it, at least in part:
    “Our national story can’t be told without Churchill at the centre.” -- Shadow schools secretary Michael Gove.
    Edmund Burke understood:
    Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.
    So did Sun Tzu, though I surmise he didn't envision an entire population leveraging the ostrich-in-sand technique as a stratagem:
    "To lower an enemy's guard you must act in the open hiding your true intentions under the guise of common every day activities." -- Sun Tzu, Strategy #1
    With the next generation to be taught very little of the great war and its crucial collection of lessons learned, Britain is sealing its fate. Nicely, some appear to see this. May they prevail.

"So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu ..."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    Wonder how long until Big Brother takes up residence in the UK.
    With thousands of cameras watching the subjects of that country 24 hours a day, I would say that Big Brother is already there, and in a very real sense.

The UK will soon be a 3rd world country that is governed by a group of people who have no real control over it.

And, with their illegal emigration problem which is worse than ours per capita, I think the UK stands a pretty good chance of become a terrorist safe haven in the not too distant future.

It is a sad ending for a country that once boasted "A rifle in every cottage" and who stood up to Hitler they way they did during WWII. It would seem that they are not going down with a fight but with a whimper and sucking sound of their rights being vacuumed away.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    It would seem that they [Britons] are not going down with a fight but with a whimper and sucking sound of their rights being vacuumed away.
    The canary in the mine. No doubt.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    With him they are also removing a great number of references to historical figures such as Hitler, Martin Luther and Henry the VIII.
    For a hot second I was going to be impressed that they actually learned about Martin Luther. But I think you were referring to the civil rights leader 'King.' Hardly anyone on this planet knows who the heck Martin Luther is... little do they know that he is probably one of the most important people to have ever lived. Look him up.

As for the article... total BS. Kids wouldnt have to be so vigerously taught about the dangers of crap like drugs and other junk if they had good role models.... people to look up to.... Like one of the best Sheepdogs to ever live: Churchill.

Eventually England will either wake up or succumb to the wolves. And each day they slip closer to the den.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Every story I hear come out of England reminds me more and more of movies like V for Vendetta and Children of Men. This is no exception, and ccw9mm has it exactly right: if they start re-writing their history, it will just come back around to bite them in the future.

I really hope the few sane Brits left can find the sense and the strength to change the tide of what they're becoming.

VIP Member
    Schools will be able to stop teaching French, German and Spanish and offer other languages, including Urdu, Chinese, Russian, and Arabic.
    On a side note, what the heck is "Urdu"?

Headteachers last night said that the reforms were “a move in the right direction”.
    The head of departments (if that's what "headteachers" are) are rarely in line with the line troops, so one could surmise/hope that the actual classroom teachers might disagree.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Wake up people!

What a sad comentary on the dissolution of one of the greatest nations on earth.

I have some of Winston Churchill's texts in my library and consider them must read material for any free person.

The same thing is happening here too. No one learns about the heroes of our nation anymore unless it is in a negative context.

Examples:

Jefferson made babies with his slave girl.

Washington was a slave holder.

America mistreated and still mistreats minorities.

I can only recall one mention of Audy Murphy in a text book. It was a psycology book and they explained that he likely had a psycological disorder that caused him to be incapable of experiencing a normal fear responce. I guess he should have sought treatment so he could learn to cowar in the corner.

I've never seen Alvin York's name in a textbook. While studying WWI soldiers you will learn of the bonus army being mistreated by McArtur instead of learning about Sgt. York.

The list goes on and on and on and on.......
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Assistant Administrator
    On a side note, what the heck is "Urdu"?
    John - your answer ........

Urdu is a very popular language of the subcontinent , second only in the number of speakers to Hindi. It is the national language of Pakistan
    Big Brother is alive and well in UK - 'he' has been in residence a long time ... gathering momentum since around mid 60's to early 70's IMO.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    For a hot second I was going to be impressed that they actually learned about Martin Luther. But I think you were referring to the civil rights leader 'King.' Hardly anyone on this planet knows who the heck Martin Luther is... little do they know that he is probably one of the most important people to have ever lived. Look him up.
    Given the UK's history, I would suspect that Martin Luther is much bigger there than here. (Althought, given our history... maybe not)

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Double plus un-good.

I read 1984 for the first time last month, scary similarities. Telescreens; un-persons; if they schedule a hate week, I vote a 20' border fence around the island.

Note to self: buy a top hat.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    I view Britian as our early warning system. For the policies in the United States.

Sadly things such as this become much scarier that way.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

I view Britian as our early warning system. For the policies in the United States.

Sadly things such as this become much scarier that way.
    BINGO!! Make no mistake, it could happen here.

Sponsored Links