Anyone from Louisiana know about this gun seizure?

This is a discussion on Anyone from Louisiana know about this gun seizure? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone have any further info about this...I certainly hope there is more to it otherwise this is scary. for video click here and scroll down ...

Thread: Anyone from Louisiana know about this gun seizure?

Anyone have any further info about this...I certainly hope there is more to it otherwise this is scary.

for video click here and scroll down to #7 (beware the ):
    http://www.kplctv.com/Global/SearchR...or=wss&qu=guns

Windsor Street is usually quiet but late Saturday evening it was swarming with investigators from the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office.

"There was nine cop cars and four unmarked... And so we were a little concerned," said Chrissie Gillett.

"There were detectives, people in uniform everywhere," said Loma Broussard.

Detectives say they received an anonymous tip about possible illegal weapons inside a home on Windsor Street. "We found several weapons, approximately 55-60 weapons and we're unable to determine if any are illegal at this point," said Sgt. Robert Manuel.

Investigators say all of the weapons were found locked safely in a vault inside a shed behind the home. While 80 percent of them were rifles, several guns brought out have nearby neighbors concerned.

"Some of them have really long barrels and some of them look like they have the large magazines that would be automatic weapons. They wouldn't be just for hunting... So that's scary," said Gillett.

"That's scary, that's really scary. My husband hunts, but I mean we're talking -- lots of guns -- that's scary because somebody could go off. You don't know what they would do," said Broussard.

All of the guns were tagged, inventoried and taken to the sheriff's office where investigators will run serial numbers on all the weapons. At this point, investigators say no one is under arrest or wanted in connection with a crime.

VIP Member
    I'm from Louisiana, but this happened quite a distance from where I live, so I hadn't even heard of it. I did watch the news video.....typical borderline news sensationalism = boost in ratings against their competitors (higher rating = more $ for commercial time). That's what's scary about the media, their stories have the potential of getting folks all worked up, by casting bad light on someone/something, then after the smoke has cleared and it turned out to be nothing, they rarely have a follow-up that clarifies matters in the end. So permanent image left in the viewers minds that some Louisiana renegade has an arsenal of illegal automatic weapons in a shed in the back that police seized.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

JD
    Administrator
    "Some of them have really long barrels and some of them look like they have the large magazines that would be automatic weapons. They wouldn't be just for hunting... So that's scary," said Gillett.

"That's scary, that's really scary. My husband hunts, but I mean we're talking -- lots of guns -- that's scary because somebody could go off. You don't know what they would do," said Broussard.
    What a load of BS...

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    What a load of BS...
    Actually, I don't think so...what is shows is a lack of education and/or understanding. People have fears and those fears, if addressed properly, can be mitigated. People vote...and they tend to vote their fears.

Rick

I once went somewhere and there were big, scary guns everywhere. It was a gun shop where I could legally buy any of them. This is crap, confisacating guns because they may or may not be legal. Give me a ticket because I might or Might not speed on my way home from work.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    So, they came and took the guns, and didn't talk to the owner of the house? That would be an easy way to determine the legality of the weapons. If any of them are NFA, he should have his tax stamp paperwork. Instead, they just siezed everything off of an anonymous tip? Things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".

The sheep just confirmed what I already knew about their mindset.

***... what if the Police walked into anyhouse USA and took all the computers... then ran a report saying the homeowner had several computers, and other electronic devices... we are unsure if they illegal or not, but this much computing hardware could be used to support terrorist web sights.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Note to self: Don't put all scary firearms in one vault.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    So, they came and took the guns, and didn't talk to the owner of the house? That would be an easy way to determine the legality of the weapons. If any of them are NFA, he should have his tax stamp paperwork. Instead, they just siezed everything off of an anonymous tip? Things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".
    Yeah, this is why I posed the article to see if there was more information out there about this...it just seems odd the way they made it out on the news I was just assuming that there had to be more to the story...if not then that's really just sad..and, as I said before, scary

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warcrimes View Post
    Note to self: Don't put all scary firearms in one vault.

no more than 2 scary black rifles per safe please and keep all long guns and handguns separate cause you wouldn't want them to breed. Gosh think of all the subguns that would make.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

VIP Member
    I emailed Rhonda Kitchens to see if there were any further information. We'll see if she responds. As I watched the news video, I didn't see anything particularly shocking.

The tip was "anonymous"...interesting.

Sponsored Links