What Is Wrong Here?

What Is Wrong Here?

This is a discussion on What Is Wrong Here? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The info below has been checked at both Snopes and Truth or Fiction and is correct. _____________________________________________ LOOK OVER THE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE FOLLOWING TWO ...

Thread: What Is Wrong Here?

VIP Member

What Is Wrong Here?

The info below has been checked at both Snopes and Truth or Fiction and is correct.

LOOK OVER THE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE FOLLOWING TWO HOUSES AND SEE IF YOU CAN TELL WHICH BELONGS TO AN ENVIRONMENTALIST . . .

HOUSE # 1:

A 20-room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house all heated by gas. In ONE MONTH ALONE this mansion consumes more energy than the average American household in an ENTIRE YEAR. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2,400.00 per month. In natural gas alone (which last time we checked was a fossil fuel), this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not in a northern or Midwestern “snow belt,” either. It’s in the South.

HOUSE # 2:

Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university, this house incorporates every “green” feature current home construction can provide. The house contains 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on an arid high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground. The water (usually 67 degrees F.) heats the house in winter and cools it in summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas, and it consumes 25% of the electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Flowers and shrubs native to the area blend the property into the surrounding rural landscape.

HOUSE # 1 (20 room energy guzzling mansion) is outside of Nashville, Tennessee. It is the abode of that renowned environmentalist (and filmmaker) Al Gore.

HOUSE # 2 (model eco-friendly house) is on a ranch near Crawford, Texas. Also known as “the Texas White House,” it is the private residence of the President of the United States, George W. Bush.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I don't have any problem believing that at all.

I am not a native Tennesseeian but, having lived here for a while I can tell you this: there are a great many of us in Tennessee that would boot this hypocrite right the heck out of the state if we could.

Think about this, how screwed up do you have to be to run for President and NOT win your home state in the election? Well, old AlGore did it....twice if I remember correctly.

He's an idiot and a fear monger.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

The typical do as I say not as I do. Al Gore had parents from Tennessee, he is a product or Washington D. C.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Great post , I knew that the " Crawford Whitehouse " was energy efficient , but that adds some details ( to headline the post for the MSM " BUSH IS NOT ONLY TOO CHEAP TO PAY UTILITY BILLS , BUT BETRAYS HALIBURTON " ) LOL .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I am not a native Tennesseeian but, having lived here for a while I can tell you this: there are a great many of us in Tennessee that would boot this hypocrite right the heck out of the state if we could.
    I am a native Tennessean, and I agree with you completely.

I had the "honor" of meeting Mr. Gore years ago, when he was a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, and he was the featured speaker at a Memorial Day commemoration at Stones River National Battlefield's National Cemetery. My main impression of him during that day was that, when he wasn't actually delivering his speech (and hence campaigning), he spent his time seated on the dais repeatedly looking at his watch, apparently to see when it would all be over. Not very impressive in my book.

Yeah what a loser.

Native Tennessean makes me think of the "Back Where I Come From" song by Kenny Chesney.

I like the energy efficient house idea - when I build mine, I'm going to be deep in debt.

Austin

Sponsored Links