Man vs Wild

This is a discussion on Man vs Wild within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Has anyone seen Man vs Wild? I am starting to like that show. I just like to see droky things like that. ANyways does anyone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man vs Wild

Man vs Wild

Has anyone seen Man vs Wild? I am starting to like that show. I just like to see droky things like that. ANyways does anyone know what knife he uses all of the time on tht show? It seems heavy and really sharp and he does everything with it. I am pretty sure it is to heavy to carry on the regular but it might be something to keep in the car.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

2. Remove Ads

I have just caught a few episodes so far but it's a good show.

I don't know about the knife, but he earned a bit of respect from me the time I saw him drink water he sqeezed out of elephant poo. The other guy (survivorman) just sits around and whines for a week about being tired from hunger. Not Bear Grills, he also ate raw zebra face he found lying around.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    I don't know about the knife, but he earned a bit of respect from me the time I saw him drink water he sqeezed out of elephant poo. The other guy (survivorman) just sits around and whines for a week about being tired from hunger. Not Bear Grills, he also ate raw zebra face he found lying around.
    Yeah, I'll second that. I got bored with Survivorman. The dummy actually lugs around all his own camera equipment and films it himself.. Nowonder the fool is always tired and hungry with an extra 80lbs on your back for no good reason when you could have a perfectly fit second person carrying it. I much more enjoy ManVsWild
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

OTE=elrey718;433447]Has anyone seen Man vs Wild? I am starting to like that show. I just like to see droky things like that. ANyways does anyone know what knife he uses all of the time on tht show? It seems heavy and really sharp and he does everything with it. I am pretty sure it is to heavy to carry on the regular but it might be something to keep in the car.[/QUOTE]

I have wondered what kind of knife he uses. It does anything he wants it to doesn't it. I have saw him cut down small trees with it. It would be great advertisment for the company who makes it though.

Gerber Gator,SAK,Buck Zipper,Cold Steel Voyager, and none at all . Look at each episode to see the different ones . Just a guess , YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by elrey718 View Post
    Has anyone seen Man vs Wild? I am starting to like that show. I just like to see droky things like that. ANyways does anyone know what knife he uses all of the time on tht show? It seems heavy and really sharp and he does everything with it. I am pretty sure it is to heavy to carry on the regular but it might be something to keep in the car.

Africa/Mount Kilauea:
    Gerber Gator combo edge.

Moab Desert/Alaska:
    MOD ATFK

Costa Rica/Desert Island:
    Scuba Max Titanium DIve Knife (model KN-200 in black)
    http://www.escubamax.com/.sc/ms/dd/KNIVES/260/KN-200

European Alps:
    Wenger serrated Mountaineer

Africa/Mount Kilauea:
    Gerber Gator combo edge.

Moab Desert/Alaska:
    MOD ATFK

Costa Rica/Desert Island:
    Scuba Max Titanium Dive Knife (model KN-200 in black)
    http://www.escubamax.com/.sc/ms/dd/KNIVES/260/KN-200

European Alps:
    Wenger serrated Mountaineer

link:

http://community.discovery.com/eve/f...48/m/470196246

Woohoo , got one right !!!!

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Man vs Wild is a good show. He's definitely a better show-man than the Survivorman, though he also takes more dumb risks. I watch both shows, and enjoy them both, but I gotta give the prize to Bear for having the better all-around show.

VIP Member
    I've never watched Survivorman, though I've seen Man vs Wild a couple of times. I did see the elephant poop water and the "ripe" zepra meat. I'll have to give him credit for consuming those, though it appeared by his body language he got close to chucking. Can't blame him at all.
    The show is probably staged a bit, but I consider it more an "educational field trip", and not really a pure survival incident that he endures. No doubt he has some good tips and methods to help someone overcome an outdoor survival scenario.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Lead Moderator
    Man vs Wild is better for entertainment. Too many dumb, risky moves to take seriously.
    Survivorman is better for realistic survival skills.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by glocksmygun View Post
    OTE=elrey718;433447]Has anyone seen Man vs Wild? I am starting to like that show. I just like to see droky things like that. ANyways does anyone know what knife he uses all of the time on tht show? It seems heavy and really sharp and he does everything with it. I am pretty sure it is to heavy to carry on the regular but it might be something to keep in the car.
    I have wondered what kind of knife he uses. It does anything he wants it to doesn't it. I have saw him cut down small trees with it. It would be great advertisment for the company who makes it though.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's not that difficult to cut down a tree with any knife that has a reasonably decent blade on it. For small trees/saplings just start to bend the tree a little and then cut into the bend and repeat the process until you've cut all the way through. When you cut into it as it bends it more or less snaps in sections. For the larger trees use a tree branch or rock as a hammer to hammer your blade into the tree to make your v-cut.

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Man vs Wild is better for entertainment. Too many dumb, risky moves to take seriously.
    Survivorman is better for realistic survival skills.
    Yeah but the problem I always found annoying is that since he always goes solo (ie no camera crew to lug equipment) he spends more time dealing with the camera equipment than anything else. Sure ManVWild guy does some pretty risky stuff, but whatever he does you can bet he's totally focused on that alone and you don't get any fluff or whining about how heavy his camera gear is(which he piled on himself - kinda dumb if you ask me to go into a survival situation for up to a week or more carrying an extra 80lbs or more of useless camera gear - my goodness get an assistant to carry your gear or something) - just my take

-The Mist (2007)

I thought I heard him say in the opening of one of his shows that a camera crew does follow him?

In a place you've only dreamed of where your soul is always free...
    Both shows are marginally entertaining and marginally informative. Each episode should start out with the disclamer "If you're stupid enough to get caught in the middle of nowhere with a knife and an empty canteen, then the Human race is probably better off without you." Lets face it, these guys are professional extremists, especially Bear, and can survive situations that would kill the average Discovery viewer in minutes.
    Law without force is impotent.
    Blaise Pascal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links