Tried another forum...(not gun related)

This is a discussion on Tried another forum...(not gun related) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I had to try another forum (about ethanol fuel and distilling). It's like talking about guns to a high school class. There are a ...

Thread: Tried another forum...(not gun related)

So I had to try another forum (about ethanol fuel and distilling). It's like talking about guns to a high school class. There are a few who know something. 1 or 2 that really know stuff, and a whole bunch who just wanna play with them. At least I'm not seeing flame wars, but I'm sure glad to come back here where the people on the forum know something about the forum topic, or are at least learning about it. Thank you all for being here.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Well this is a concealed carry/firearm forum, so obviously you would have a group of members who know something about guns. If you go to say an import car forum, you would have a bunch of members who know import cars. If you try and talk about guns on a non-gun forum you'll get maybe some anti-gun, or just plain stupid replies.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdude View Post
    Well this is a concealed carry/firearm forum, so obviously you would have a group of members who know something about guns. If you go to say an import car forum, you would have a bunch of members who know import cars. If you try and talk about guns on a non-gun forum you'll get maybe some anti-gun, or just plain stupid replies.
    I guess during my whining I wasn't clear. These guys don't know about ethanol and distilling. They can get it done, to some extent, just by following step by step directions. It's like if most here didn't understand that a bullet was propelled by powder that was ignited by a primer that was activated by a striker/pin.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Want some comedy? Goto a flight-sim (air combat) website and watch these kids argue over which aircraft is better. The half-dozen or-so people who will have flight experience or deal with the aircraft in question are ignored and even flamed.

I love this place because no matter how new you are, your opinion is still given its due. Not to mention the respect given. Proud DCC member, here. I don't post on many other forums anymore because of it... Though I did just join THR. lol
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    I love this place because no matter how new you are, your opinion is still given its due. Not to mention the respect given. Proud DCC member, here.
    Exactly. not to mention that you can get a response here almost like a chat room. Don't have to wait for a day or 2.

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Some of these forums are fairly funny to read.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Sponsored Links