My TSA/Airport story..

My TSA/Airport story..

This is a discussion on My TSA/Airport story.. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I had to travel to CA this past week for work. I packed my kinfe in my checked bag so I would have something ...

Thread: My TSA/Airport story..

My TSA/Airport story..

So I had to travel to CA this past week for work. I packed my kinfe in my checked bag so I would have something with me. I was talking to a guy who checked in right next to me. We made our way to the security check point and were talking. As we got through the x-ray I said to him that I was surprised that I didn't leave anything in my computer bag. He laughed and said he had tools and other stuff in his as well. I made it through in minutes, nothing got flagged. I cought my flight and made it to CA. Once at my hotel I got my computer out and looked in my bag.

I found to my surprise my box cutter that looks like a lockblade pocket knife.

I was shocked that it was not found and happy that they did not. I didn't know what they would of done or how late I would of been for my flight.

On my return trip home I put my knife and box cutter in my checked bag.

So much for TSA.

VIP Member
    That was lucky. I had one of those hand held pistol grip type infrared temperature guns in my carry on. I knew it was there, I needed it where I was going. I didn't have any trouble going through TSA on leaving, but upon departing, while going through TSA again, after the xray, they told me they wanted to check my bag (carry on). I said sure go right ahead (as if I had a choice ). Apparently the xray operator told him about where to look, because in seconds he had my temp gun out in his hand looking at it. It would definitely remind you of a stun gun. Anyway he looked at it, shot the laser at the xray operator, put it back and said thank you sir.
    Now my wife's episode was a different story. She had bought her parents a nice gift, had it all wrapped up and everything, put it in her carry-on went through TSA, they told her they'd like to look in her bag, and she said certainly go ahead. She just thought everything was procedural, the guy dug in her bag and pulled out the gift and asked her what all of this is about. She told me at that moment it finally dawned on her enough to make her knees weak and sick to her stomach. She had innocently forgotten that the gift was an elaborate set of kitchen KNIVES. The TSA called their supervisor, he came and looked at it, while she was telling him what an idiot she was for NOT thinking. She said he sort of smirked and shook his head and suggested that maybe she'd do better by returning the gift to her car. She was extremely relieved and LUCKY.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    It would definitely remind you of a stun gun. Anyway he looked at it, shot the laser at the xray operator, put it back and said thank you sir
    I had to laugh when I read this -- he doesn't know what it is and needs to check to make sure it isn't a secret weapon... so what does he do? Points it at a guy and pulls the trigger! TSA SOP?

Sponsored Links