NOT a success story. A very sad story.

This is a discussion on NOT a success story. A very sad story. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If this is supposed to be in another forum, I'm sorry in advance! First, here's the latest from the news station. North Little Rock - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOT a success story. A very sad story.

NOT a success story. A very sad story.

If this is supposed to be in another forum, I'm sorry in advance!

First, here's the latest from the news station.

North Little Rock - The teenage suspect arrested in the deadly shooting of an innocent bystander outside a Wal-Mart in North Little Rock this weekend had a video arraignment Tuesday.

Seventeen-year-old Joshua Lofton pleaded not guilty to capital murder.

Lofton’s mother, who was in the courtroom Tuesday, says her son has a history of mental illness, and has been off his medication for quite some time.

(Diane Lofton, Suspect's Mother) "Diagnosis started out as ADHD, and as he got older, the psychotic disorders continued to get worse."

Lofton is charged with the death of 40-year-old Dean Worden of Jacksonville. The father of three was shot to death moments after Lofton allegedly pistol-whipped and robbed a Sherwood woman.

(Kathleen McDonald, Prosecutor) "This is a heinous crime. Completely unprovoked. There are several witnesses to it, and due to his existence in the community, we don't think he should be allowed out. He's a danger to the community."

The judge ordered Lofton be held without bond. Lofton's next court appearance is scheduled for September 5th.

Visitation for Worden will be held Thursday at 6:00 p.m. at Cornerstone Bible Fellowship in Sherwood.

The funeral will be at the same church Friday at 10:00 a.m.

""

Now, here's the details. This 16 year old was trying to steal an older lady's purse and he started beating her with his pistol. Mr. Worden was just getting out of his car and the BG turned and shot him. For NO REASON! The BG and his mom are now trying to play the "he's mentally sick" routine! For the past 3 days since this incident, I've been getting more irritated. I know that there are a lot of people, including myself, that always say "if that was me I'd done this or that". The fact of this particular incident is this guy was just getting out his car at wal-mart with his family in the freaking day time!!! Mr. Worden was a father of 3 and from what I hear was a good guy. Now the BG has plead not-guilty to capital murder AND there are witnesses and he is also on wal-mart security cameras. I'm sorry if I'm ranting here but this has really bothered me this week. I have been to this wal-mart many times, my wife's baby dr. is next door. It blows my mind that people can look at this horrible experience and think anything except we need more good people packing heat everywhere they go. I haven't had my CCL very long and I have carried less than half the time but this has really changed that for me. I am carrying everytime I leave the house. PERIOD! Sorry for the long complaining session!

Assistant Administrator
    No worries re the complaining session - just blowing smoke is all that is - and I am pretty sure many of us would feel as incensed as well as sick at the tragedy element.

This does highlight very much the randomness of events and certainly in my book - the pre-requisite for dedicated carry at all times possible and legal. There is NO way to know when something will go down - and that is why also we need to not only avoid trouble thru awareness but - be sufficiently vigilant to be able to act if bullets fly.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Very sad, I feel for the victims family.

I think the mentally insane, weather it be temp or longer term plead should be done away with. Killing is killing and those convicted should be sent to jail or the chair.

Stories like these get to me too. I'm the dad of 4 small children, and thinking about getting shot, in daylight, just getting out of the cars? WOW!! Words can't express....

Be safe, stay alert!!
    I wear a seatbelt, but I hope to never need it, I use smoke detectors in my house, but I hope to never need them, I carry life insurance, but I hope to never need it, I carry a weapon, but I hope to never need it.

Why only carry when you leave the house? Did you hear about the home invasion in Connecticut the other day were a Dr. was beaten and his wife and two daughters were murdered? Bad things can happen anywhere. It's a sad fact these days.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

If mom knew he was a threat, and was off his meds, why didn't she do something?

Maybe she ought to be charged as well for her depraved indifference.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Matt I believe you are right,Until the parents of these criminals are held acountable for what little billie the bully did,we will continue to read about these crimes and in some cases witness them...sigh

I used to carry only when I was going out for "long" trips. I just had to make a trip to the bank ATM less than a mile away and I took the time to put the old Galco on and then fill it. I use caution at the ATM, pulling up so close I almost hit the mirrors on the suburban on it, but one can't be too careful, I drive around the bank building once first, just to check for someone loitering nearby, pull up and insert the card and have the transaction over in less than a minute. Every trip out of the house I now carry, even if walking the 100 feet to the mailbox. Better safe than dead.
    US Army retired (1969 - 1994)
    Vietnam 1970 - 1971

Senior Moderator

Thumbs down Don't Put This Unbalanced Guy in the "Chair"...

As he is not all there, he probably didn't mean to do all of those terrible things. He probably wouldn't understand the real meaning of being put in the "chair".

So...
    Why can't we make it a 'rocking chair'? They can plug those in, can't they?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Insanity pleas drive me nuts. Lock him away forever or send him to the chair. Arrest the mother for neglect!

Mr_D

Jmany,

Agree with your 'rant' what happened is a vile and repugnant episode, just remember, there is no justice, this rancid criminal pig will probably get off in a few years because of his "condition"; and the victims family will suffer for years because of this animal.
    As a result of similar incidents that I have read about across the nation, I now carry all the time; I have 4 kids that I need to take care of for many years!

Where is 'Ol Sparky' when we need him so badly? This little creep chose to go off his meds, and is just as responsible for his actions as someone who commits a crime after choosing to get crazy-drunk or high on drugs.

I would prescribe electro-shock therapy of extremely high voltage!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Ten to one, the "mama" is a prostitute and on crack - like the majority of the parents of these lower class thugs. The kids and their so-called parents need to serve the same amount of time in jail. Most all of them could be classified with some form of mental illness because of their low IQ's (from dropping out of school in the second grade so they can deal drugs on the street corners). Save Ol Sparky, and shoot them.

Quote Originally Posted by jmany View Post
    Lofton’s mother, who was in the courtroom Tuesday, says her son has a history of mental illness, and has been off his medication for quite some time.
    You can't medicate "worthless punk."

At least not until somone can bottle a swift kick in the ass, then sell it by the gallon.

Lead Moderator
    And the lawyers that try to put on an insanity defense for those "they know" are not insane should face extreme consequences.

The lawyer who had the audacity to have John Couey sitting in the court room "playing with crayon's and a coloring book" after raping, torturing and burying alive little Jessica Lundsford in some sick and insidious attempt to paint him as a mental defect should also face the death penalty. He no more believed Couey was insane than the jury did! Should be consequenses for that little stunt!

My idea... Put the lawyer in the chair and let the killer sit on their lap and fry them both!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok... I'm going to revise this after careful thought... and I really believe this.

Since Couey buried his victim alive... I really believe that he should experience what his victim did before he gets to meet his maker! That cockroach should be executed by a live burial!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links