I'll pass on being a cop in London...

This is a discussion on I'll pass on being a cop in London... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Janq That country is dumb as hell. Even if the country of origin had not been cited my first guess would have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll pass on being a cop in London...

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    That country is dumb as hell.
    Even if the country of origin had not been cited my first guess would have been the UK.

Cops chasing after a rifle toting "assassin" with an air pistol.

- Janq
    Yeah, that part does make it rather comical. I mean, they called him a "psychopath." The fact that he made the decision to pursue someone he believed had a rifle, with an air gun, kinda makes their point for them, now doesn't it.

Then on to the part where just on "suspicion" of having one of those evil guns, people are subjected to what sounds like a SWAT raid...

I guess it would be kind of funny if people opposed to this practice started calling in such reports regularly, sending the cops out to raid MPs and CEOs and stuff until SOMEONE comes to their damned SENSES over there!!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    Just found another stupid story form across the pond.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/6916900.stm

I'm sorry, around here when a heifer (female cow) gets loose we herd it back into the field or trailer....they're a lot harder to move as a carcass. We kind of frown on shooting them. I've been around cows most of my life & the females aren't the problem....bulls on the other hand..........

If they are so afraid of a cow, what would happen if the had a really dangerous animal loose. (one other note: How can they not find the second one? Cows are big & if it's loose in town....where's it hiding? Must be a smart one!)
    Back in the eighties and nineties weren't they worried about mad cow disease? May be it was the cows that were the rational ones.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    Here's how loose cows are handled in the USA:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070725/D8QJRING0.html

Cows Wander Onto Interstate 95 in R.I.

HOPKINTON, R.I. (AP) - Transportation officials have vowed to figure out how a group of cows wander onto Interstate 95, most recently on Tuesday morning when several Holsteins stopped rush hour traffic.

The cows from Brook-Knoll Farm walked onto the highway near Exit 2 about 8 a.m. State Police stopped traffic while two troopers used air horns to shoo away the bovines, which can weigh about 1,500 pounds each.

"If a vehicle hits them, it could cause a serious, serious accident," Sgt. Nicholas Tella said.

Brook-Knoll Farm co-owner Dorothy Reynolds said the bovine backups normally happen when the farm's cows walk through a 100-foot gap in a fence near the highway.

Reynolds said the state Department of Transportation is responsible for mending the barrier since it took the land by eminent domain to build the highway. Although state workers installed a portion of the fence last fall, Reynolds said they left 100 feet unfinished.

"Last year, they were out every day," she said.

DOT spokeswoman Heidi Cote said agency records indicate workers did install a fence in the area in October. But she said the department planned to look into Reynolds' complaint.

"We don't want anything to hurt motorists or the animals," she said. "We will certainly investigate."
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    That country is dumb as hell.
    Even if the country of origin had not been cited my first guess would have been the UK.

Cops chasing after a rifle toting "assassin" with an air pistol.

- Janq
    Come on now...you know...shot placement, shot placement, shot placement.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links