Sunday Range Fun (Evil Assault Rifle warning!)

This is a discussion on Sunday Range Fun (Evil Assault Rifle warning!) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mix a bunch of people with evil assault weapons with stages like this: And you have a great day of fun at the range. Click ...

VIP Member

Mix a bunch of people with evil assault weapons with stages like this:

And you have a great day of fun at the range. Click here to see a slideshow. Recommend to resize to 800x800. Time as you wish
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Looks like a good time had by all Miggy.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Looks like fun and a great challenge...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    The stages are supposed to be based on training excercises from Pat Roger's class and watered down enough for those of us that are not good enough!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

I don't mean to sound dumb, but what do the black parts of the targets (in the first scenario) mean?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

VIP Member
    Questions are never dumb. They are Hard Cover.... any shot in that area is no good. It is a way to represent BGs partially hiding behind walls and such without having to come up with tons of props and walls (Or as we call them: Habitat For Humanity Courses of Fire).
    Randy Cain.

I believe that your Sunday was more fun than mine .
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Looks like you had a lot of fun!

As Andy said, your fun was a lot better than mine. I worked all weekend and it wasn't fun at all. LOL.

VIP Member
    Thats not what my Sunday looked like....darn!
    Pure Fun,that's what it is!

Senior Moderator
    Looks like fun
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    It was hot, muggy and full of mosquitoes (Par for the course when the Everglades starts right on the other side of the berm) but we all loved a full blast time. The match was for Safety Officers only and that made it a small group. We are usually running 30 to 40 shooters in 3 stages and as much as we like doing our share and shoot with the guys & Gals, a day just for us was what the doctor ordered.

SFDCC (South Florida Defensive Carbine Club) was created by one of our club members that wanted a competition just for rifle & handgun and worked his butt off to make it a success. To make it simple, it is IDPA adapted to rifle with a nastier scoring system and getting downright medieval on safety.
    There are no divisions for the rifle, it just has to be a centerfire, it has to have a type sling that will allow you to inmediately release the rifle but keep it safely on you and muzzle down. Yes, that means tac slings and the reason is we do a lot of transition to or from handgun.
    The rifle will eithe be on you person at all times (with a safety flag inserted in chamber when not shooting) or bagged away at the Safety Area. If you are caught violating one of the 4 rules of gun safety, you are sent home for the day. Repeat the mistake or get stupid, bye bye, hope you love to play Rainbow Six in your XBox 'cause you are gone for good and never coming back.

The scoring is simple: The target is either neutralized or not. We use the IDPA target and you should have two hits on the -0 zone or three hits on the -1 zone. Anything other than that and you have a failure to neutralize.The Penalties are: Failure to Neutralize = 30 seconds. Hits to Non-Target = 30 seconds. Procedural = 5 seconds. F.T.D.R. = 20 seconds. As you can see, a mistake gets quite expensive.

The use of cover, reloads, commands, etc. follows IDPA rules. We load full cap on both pistol and rifle and you will need a very secure holster for your handgun since you'll be hitting the ground and that baby cannot come out flying.

The prefered long gun is all the AR types and AKs coming a distant second. We also had CETMEs, Beretta Storms, Uzis, M-1 carbines and I think one guy wants to try a lever action just for fun.
    Randy Cain.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I need to find a group like this near me. That looks like a great time and great learning experience on top of it.

Links