What insight! You can't rely on the Gov. for protection.

This is a discussion on What insight! You can't rely on the Gov. for protection. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This morning on Good Morning America there was a story about an admitted pedophile's web site telling other pedophiles where to look for kids. Apparently ...

This morning on Good Morning America there was a story about an admitted pedophile's web site telling other pedophiles where to look for kids. Apparently this creep has done nothing illegal so the authorities can do nothing about his activities. I don’t remember who the reporter was on this piece but he made one statement that rings so true. He said something to the effect that “you can’t rely on the government to protect you at all times”. Wow! Knock me over with a feather. What a revelation! Truer words were never spoken but so many people do not believe this. Too many people think that by adding more and more layers of new laws we will somehow find that magic combination that will protect us all. We must realize that we are the key to our protection. It is up to us, and to rely on the Government will only lead to disappointment or worse. The Government should not put up barriers to our right to self-protection. One such roadblock would be barring honest citizens from the use of firearms to achieve that self-protection wherever they have a legal right to be.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    We must realize that we are the key to our protection. It is up to us, and to rely on the Government will only lead to disappointment or worse.
    Well said.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Assistant Administrator
    I think Glenn Beck is covering this tonight ......... I am pretty sure I know his take in advance but will try and see it anyways.

There is no such thing as blanket protection - just ain't possible, altho the way some stuff is described and reported you'd be forgiven for thinking that's what is actually available. Of course many believe this to be the case.

I would not be surprised if this ''individual'' might just meet someone along the way in the near future - and receive an ''attitude adjustment'' of some sort.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

FOX News has had multiple stories on that perp for months.

Links