Had a bike crash....I'm OK...mostly

This is a discussion on Had a bike crash....I'm OK...mostly within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, on mile 15.5 of the usual 20 miles I do every night I had a little mishap. I was ridding past a driveway and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had a bike crash....I'm OK...mostly

Had a bike crash....I'm OK...mostly

Well, on mile 15.5 of the usual 20 miles I do every night I had a little mishap.

I was ridding past a driveway and the person who lives there decided to back out of their driveway as I was passing by and knocked me off my bike and into the street.

I hit the street very hard, and now I have a good collection of road rash in various places. My left hand and wrist is pretty scraped up, I have a road scrape from my left knee to my left hip and a pretty good cut on my left knee. Road rash on my right upper arm and shoulder.

My light on the front of my bike is in 3 pieces and the handle bars are a bit scraped up.

Other than that, I'm pretty much OK. I was going to go ahead and finish the last 4.5 miles but once I realized my left leg was bleeding pretty freely I decided to go ahead and quit for the night.

A pretty adventurous night here. I was wearing the G23 on my right hip in the Fobus paddle holster and I am happy to say it stayed in the holster and in fact did not get damaged at all.
    I'll tell you, I hit the ground a ton and the gun stayed in the holster so I have no qualms about the quality of that holster even if it did only cost $25. It did a good job.

I'm going to be sore tomorrow though but that is the way it goes sometimes. Pain is just the sensation of weakness leaving the body.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Glad your ok. Go buy another gun. That always makes me feel better.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

OUCH!!!!

I'm glad that you didn't get hurt other than getting banged up a bit.

You were wearing a helmet right? Sounds like you were by not hitting the road with your head.

Yep, you will be pretty sore in the morning. I know what that feels like. I've had plenty of falls off a bike when I was a kid.

Sounds like a good holster to survive something like that and not having to find your gun on the road.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Glad you are OK! You'll be sore in the morning though, I wonder what the driver's first thought was though, uh-oh I hit a guy with a gun!!! Accidents happen though...
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Yep I had my helmet on. I always wear a helmet and safety glasses. I have been hit by a car on 2 occasions....I guess 3 now but this one was mild compared tot he other 2.

As of the safety glasses, you only need to take a bug in the eye at 15 miles an hour once to realize that they are good equipment to have on.

I'm pretty darn happy with this little Fobus holster alright.

Glad you are OK! You'll be sore in the morning though, I wonder what the driver's first thought was though, uh-oh I hit a guy with a gun!!! Accidents happen though...
    Actually, he never saw it. It never was exposed as far as I can tell. He was very apologetic (he was an elderly man) and I told him it was OK, I was fine just scrapped up. He was pretty upset, I'm actually a bit worried about him. I hope he is not too distraught about it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Lead Moderator
    One reason I ride the off road trails around here. Too many crazy drivers. Glad you are more or less o.k.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Good to hear your still kickin...
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Administrator
    OK you've been hit twice before and now once again so THREE is the charm and so hopefully no more bike accidents after this one.

Glad that you're OK.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm starting to get really sore and stiff so I am heading to bed. Hopefully I won't be too bad off tomorrow.

Talk to all of you tomorrow.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

How's the bike???

VIP Member
    Take care, Mike. And quit assaulting those defenseless cars.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I always wear ... safety glasses.
    If you've not seen them, check out the Oakley M-frame glasses. You can get them prescription, if need be. Espensive, but they're polycarb, wrap-around, perfect for sports where you need to keep wind and dust out of the eyes.

Glad you're okay, Mike. A few bumps and scrapes are just enough to keep you on your toes.

You know, those instantly-reversing cars in driveways is why I love the modern brakes on mountain bikes. Very good stuff, if you keep your fingers on "the trigger."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    If you've not seen them, check out the Oakley M-frame glasses. You can get them prescription, if need be. Espensive, but they're polycarb, wrap-around, perfect for sports where you need to keep wind and dust out of the eyes.

Glad you're okay, Mike. A few bumps and scrapes are just enough to keep you on your toes.

You know, those instantly-reversing cars in driveways is why I love the modern brakes on mountain bikes. Very good stuff, if you keep your fingers on "the trigger."
    +1 on the Oakley's. I use them for both bicycle and motorcycle riding and they are great. But be aware that if you need prescription lens with special treatment, you are going to be spending some cash. Also, Oakley's are not covered by a lot of the vision insurance plans as they are considered a "luxury". (I found that out the expensive way.)

Glad to hear that you are OK. Let's hope that three is a charm and it doesn't happen again.

VIP Member
    Get well Mike.... slow and easy for a few days
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Glad you're OK. Keep the ibuprofen handy today.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links