Store Owner stops robber; Security Video

This is a discussion on Store Owner stops robber; Security Video within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; While not really armed (Until he got the knife away from the robber) Still a good video to watch: Long video... VIDEO HERE...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Store Owner stops robber; Security Video

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

While not really armed (Until he got the knife away from the robber) Still a good video to watch:

Long video...
    VIDEO HERE
    For God, Family and Country!

Senior Moderator
    Thanks for the link

Pepper spray (or gun) would have ended that much faster.

6 minutes or less for the Cops to show up which is a good response.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post

6 minutes or less for the Cops to show up which is a good response.
    hmmmm...
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

1943 - 2009
    When seconds count, cops take minutes........
    Let's not pursue this line............

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I was going to say it took a full, long, six minutes for the cops to show up! Not their fault, but if this guy was more violent or effective there would have been multiple injuries or deaths. You can see where the store owner gains confidence(and the knife) and then becomes angered at this attempted robbery. This criminal really didn't fight like he could have. For so many successful robberies, it is nice to see a botched one.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    On response time - a lot of variables to consider. I'm a reserve police officer in the small city I live in. I'd guess 3 min's maybe 4 at the most for ours guys to show up.
    Larger city - police probably have further to travel - of course that's gonna take a bit longer.
    I like to think our city's fast response time has more to do than just being a small city - we have a good auxiliary\reserve police officer program.
    The cities with a good auxiliary or reserve police program have a little advantage in some ways.
    With two in a car (full time officer and a reserve officer) you have your backup right there with you.
    Without the auxiliary program - you have a lot of situations that call for two officers (two cars) required to handle the call. If they are already on a call and can't leave - another call comes in - say a robbery like the one in the video - and the ones already in that area can't respond then another car or two have to come in from the adjoining area which will take longer.
    If they have reserve officers with them - two cars on a call (4 officers total) and the robbery is called in - it's a better chance that one car (two officers) can stay on the first call - allowing the other car (officer with their reserve officer with them) to dispatch to the robbery.

If you live in a city with no reserve officer program and the response time is longer than you think is reasonable - go to your counsel meetings and bring up the need of starting an auxiliary\reserve police officer program.
    For God, Family and Country!

Senior Moderator
    I have always heard that if you dial 911 you really should expect a officer to arrive 5 minutes after you give the dispacther your location.

I can see the Police station in Tallassee from my back door, but a lot of nights the 2 officers are out on patrol and only the dispatcher is in the station. So I cannot expect a swift response living as close as I do to the Police station.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

VIP Member
    Thanks for the video, it was interesting to watch. The BG's are trying to get a little smarter these days, the BG in this video apparently came prepared to lessen evidence by shielding his face with clothing and using gloves on his hands. The weather, though rainy, didn't seem very cold at all, the leo's were in short sleeves.

I did notice something though, the BG seemed extremely slow and sluggish, not even much of a scuffle. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to take anything away from the store employees capturing him. The BG just seemed like he was on downers, or something, to me?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Great Link! I think it is fantastic when we see anyone stand up and defend themselves regardless of what weapon they use. I certainly hope the manager of that store was not disciplined for his choice to confront the would-be robber.....

Bystanders were a lot of help

Lets see, I saw one guy stop and help. I saw another come out and get in his suv. another went in the store and came back out w/o helping. then another drove up to the gas pumps then drove in front to watch then left when the law arrived.

if all these people had gotten out and helped this would have ended alot sooner.

Guy in SUV was useless...hope he never needs assistance from people in store...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Yeah one by-stander had sheep dog mentality the rest...sheeple

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I was routing the store owner guy on! That guy was kicking tail from the begging when he was fighting back through the manager office door. I felt as though the LEO did take a long time to get there. As aforementioned, if the attempted robber was alot more violent,or had backup weapons, or if the store owner wasn't so aggresive, this could be an R.I.P. thread, not a success one.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

that guy's got the heart of a lion...and good stamina to boot. 8 minutes of fighting is long, even with adrenaline. even more incredible was that he managed to not get sliced...at all. kudos to the store guy, and the 2 that helped him.

with that said...woulda been much easier if he were carrying :P

i also found it very disheartening how many sheeple kept their head in the sand, looked the other way, ignored the incident, and refused to help.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

I hope he gets his carry permit now. (the owner, not he bad guy)

Good video, thanks for posting it.

Now the big question, how many of us would have joined in and helped the store owner beat this idiot down and tie him up? I would have.

I know some will say that if you walked up to this in the middle you wouldn't know who was who but I think you could figure it out since the bad guy was wearing a mask and gloves.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links