Dog gets "back"

Dog gets "back"

This is a discussion on Dog gets "back" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I haven't seen this posted on the board yet: ( http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291687,00.html ) A Memphis, Tenn., man is in critical condition Wednesday after his dog shot ...

Thread: Dog gets "back"

Dog gets "back"

I haven't seen this posted on the board yet:

(http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291687,00.html)

A Memphis, Tenn., man is in critical condition Wednesday after his dog shot him in the back.

Police say King George, a 150-pound Great Dane, accidentally knocked a .22-caliber pistol off his owner's end table around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday. The gun went off, hitting his 21-year-old owner in the back, MyFOXMemphis.com reports.

Click here to watch the MyFOXMemphis.com report. [http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/myfox/pa...entId=3939482]

"I knew he was smart, I didn't think he was that smart," the victim's fiancee, Miesha Lucas told MyFOXMemphis.com. "He was always protective. I didn't think he would be like that."

Police refused to name the victim as they do not plan to file charges in the shooting, which they've ruled as accidental.

Lucas told MyFOXMemphis.com that she fears what her fiance will do to the pet once he gets out of the hospital.

The shooting occurred in the Raleigh section of Memphis.

What I want to know is how can the gun go off on a fall...unless it's a revolver with the hammer cocked back on a round in the cylinder?? Even then, doesn't the trigger have to be squeezed to release the hammer? Or, what semi-auto would go off in a fall?

Definitely no sheep-dog!
    "Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other." --- John Adams
    (1735-1826) Founding Father, 2nd US President
    Source: Oct. 11, 1798; Address to the military

not the dogs fault...
    not like he went "oh hey I wanna shoot my owner"
    sucks for the man though =(

~Teg

VIP Member
    sniff....sniff... do I detect the fain smell of a cow pasture in the middle of an afternoon in this story?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    Lucas told MyFOXMemphis.com that she fears what her fiance will do to the pet once he gets out of the hospital.
    He better be careful the dog's aim may be better next time.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I work at this station by the way.....the story does not cover it but we reported at 5pm today that this jerk has a carry permit and it has been revoked. I'm not sure if it was revoked before this incident or because of it.

This guy is a 1st class, A-1 ignoramus and it sounds like he mistreats the dog to me. Maybe he got what he deserved.

The gun was laying on an end table. If I remember correctly, isn't there a rule about maintaining control of your gun?? Hmmm....maybe he never learned those rules.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Did the dog 'accidentally' take it out of the holster, too?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator

Talking

Not applicable in this particular incident but, a good time to remind our pets to always keep their paws off the trigger and out of the pawguard unless they intend to shoot.

No MILKBONE for you today Bowser.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

If the victim is that much of a jerk, how much more is the fiancee for sticking to the engagement?

What? No 3 legged dog, 'who shot my paw' jokes?
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

Senior Moderator
    Payback for a certain trip to the vet?

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    Payback for a certain trip to the vet?

Matt
    The trip where he got "Tutored" LOL (Thanks to "The Far Side")...

Quote Originally Posted by xercise2nd View Post
    What I want to know is how can the gun go off on a fall...unless it's a revolver with the hammer cocked back on a round in the cylinder?? Even then, doesn't the trigger have to be squeezed to release the hammer? Or, what semi-auto would go off in a fall?

Definitely no sheep-dog!
    Back when I had my m-16, in condition one you could grab the grip, with the barrel up and a firm thwack of the buttstock meeting the ground, wham, round going up.
    "Wear a gun to someone else's house, you're saying, 'I'll defend this home as if it were my own.' When your guests see you carry a weapon, you're telling them, 'I'll defend you as if you were my own family"

i call BS on this story. but of course the media jumps all over the story since it perpetuates the myth that guns will just go off when they're dropped.
    Last edited by njeske; August 5th, 2007 at 03:27 AM. Reason: added more sarcasm. :)

Links