Tinfoil hat time!

This is a discussion on Tinfoil hat time! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ah... Yes, To all you naysayers who mock my tinfoil hat , I give you this: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/08/01/n...nce/index.html New York, New York...doo doo doo di doo ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tinfoil hat time!

Tinfoil hat time!

Ah... Yes, To all you naysayers who mock my tinfoil hat, I give you this:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/08/01/n...nce/index.html

New York, New York...doo doo doo di doo doo doo doo di doo.....
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Police state!!!!!

I hang tin foil strips from my ceiling at home that way my head gets to air out.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    "The presence of CCTV is irrelevant for those who want to sacrifice their lives to carry out a terrorist act."
    Absolutely true.

"We don't know acts that may have been planned that -- because of the surveillance and deterrence systems that are in place -- did not go forward."
    Interesting how the same deterrance effect is never acknowledged in relation to armed citizens.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    Interesting how the same deterrance effect is never acknowledged in relation to armed citizens.
    +1

All those CCTVs haven't lowered crime in the UK! Just look at those morons that tried to set off the car bombs recently..........cameras DIDN'T DETER THEM!

Cameras may help AFTER THE FACT. When it comes time to clean up the mess! It will also make the drive-by media happy.....they'll have pictures to show. Did anybody notice the coverage of the bridge collapse? They were so down emotionally until they got some pictures of the collapse to show.

As for deterrence......nope!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    Cameras may help AFTER THE FACT.
    That's about it - in a nutshell. Very good for multiple playbacks of bombs and shootings!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    This is only news because it is NYC I guess. Other cities already have sophisticated video and in some audio networks. The cement is not only out of the truck on this one, it is to dry to write your initials in.

I don't see the tinfoil aspect of it either, sorry. No expectation of privacy in a public place.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Most of the downtown area of Seattle is under video cams, not by the city, but by the stores. an example is Nordstroms, they have cameras that show all the streets around the store.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Limatune's post about not carrying a gun because it makes you feel safe applies to this also.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I can't wait until criminals start buying 2 dollar ski masks to circumvent a billion dollar security system.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

they will tape you every chance they get and in the mean time, making it a "regulation" that you cannot video tape or take pictures around in the city.

I'm very sad for my bro in law that needs to move there. it's going to be hell.
    "I no longer list firearms I own as a signature. Why give them another list to use when they come to get them?"

Thats what you get for living in a city. There are so many crimes - constant crimes - and so little money for police officers. If they raised taxes to the point where the police could actually prevent crimes from happening, we'd be communists in a police state. Not being able to prevent crimes is not bad IMO. That means people are free.

Austin

DC Founder
    I bet the World's Funniest Videos get a lot of new material similar to the traffic camers here in Phoenix....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    I feel so much better knowing that if some critter kills someone in NY that is not allowed to protect their selves that there will be a tape of it.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Good thing nobody has invented the ski mask yet.

"No keep it on Rocco, you look really scary man!"
    Last edited by hrtbrk07; August 4th, 2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Wear a gun to someone else's house, you're saying, 'I'll defend this home as if it were my own.' When your guests see you carry a weapon, you're telling them, 'I'll defend you as if you were my own family"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links