The french may be a joke , but don't mess with their police dogs lol

This is a discussion on The french may be a joke , but don't mess with their police dogs lol within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I see some real issues here as far as training goes , none the less its one of the funniest police dog vids i have ...

Thread: The french may be a joke , but don't mess with their police dogs lol

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

The french may be a joke , but don't mess with their police dogs lol

I see some real issues here as far as training goes , none the less its one of the funniest police dog vids i have seen .

GET SOME ROVER !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc5P8...uncle%2Ecom%2F
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    That is called K9 ''enthusiasm" LOL.

Guess it's hard to get a keen pooch to let go in a hurry - but that one handler was getting some teeth too

Two onto one re the hostage-taker was effective, I'll say that!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Their attack training is very good, but their obedience in the release leaves something to be desired. Just ask the officer with the teeth marks in his hand. Good view.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Those are intimidating dogs! Large, aggressive and fearless. Unfortunately, I never got to see one in Paris last month. That would have been a great treat!

The police and military presence was substantially increased the 10 days we were in Paris. (We left four days before Le Tour d' France finished in Paris). On day one it was almost invisible, on day 10 it was constant and continual, including military with all types of long black rifles, shotguns, etc., jeeps, etc. That period was also shortly after the Glasgow bombings too.

All in all, I'd like to have a dog like that on lead if I was a LEO!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Lead Moderator
    Both the first and last clips were really worth the watch. The tug-o-war was really interesting.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Administrator
    I've seen that video several times, but its great everytime I see it. Mali's are great... takes a good handler to really tap everything the dog has to offer and at the same time harness that energy.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Those dogs ARE powerful...

As a school administrator in Adak, Alaska (a naval military base...now closed) I was in the building one evening when the MP's with a patrol dog wanted to do a building search. They knew me quite well (husband of my secretary) and while doing the search, one of the guys asked me if I had ever 'caught' a dog. My reply was in the negative...and I was then asked if I would like to try? "HEY, I'll try it," I responded.

I was suited up with the 'thick arm pad', told exactly what to do and how to respond. Then the fellows went for a walk and in a short while, came around the corner about 40 yards away. I was ordered to to stop and not to move or they would release the dog. The dog, obviously, was VERY excited about trying to get a piece of me...

In a split second, or so it seemed, that dog covered the distance between us and took a 'firm' hold on my arm...

As instructed, I moved my arm inside of the padded sleeve which certainly appeared to stimulate the dog. From a distance, the MP's halted the attack and the dog simply let go and sat a foot or two in front of me. The dog glared at me as if to say, "Please, please, just move a little bit, I'm really not finished yet!"

Even though I had one of those thick pads on my arm, the clamping power of those jaws was impresive. I would not want that bite on my arm only protected by a shirt or coat...that WOULD leave a mark!

I had a ton of questions for the trainers and had a very enlightening experience that I clearly remember, and will never forget.

Once on the 'receiving end' of a well-trained dog, one can appreciate the jaw power, the fearlessness, and respect these animals earn as they work for the good guys.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Resupt ... Please dont take offense , but by being the " redman " with the familiarity you had ... you have graduated to a true redneck .. and i award you the " hold my beer and watch this " medal for all to see LOL .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Now if they could train their military and their government as well as their K-9s.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Well a lot of their military is quite good, they fight in a lot of little wars we never hear about, the benifits of having a unit made of mostly non-residents of your country, no hears about them getting killed. Their Politicans are spineless. Although the latest one seems to showing some teeth.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Resupt ... Please dont take offense , but by being the " redman " with the familiarity you had ... you have graduated to a true redneck .. and i award you the " hold my beer and watch this " medal for all to see LOL .
    LOL, I do this weekly. I really enjoy doing decoy work. It only gets scary when its a new unproven dog, or when the dog has not mastered the "out" command. I've had dogs break through the sleeve, bite places they are not supposed too etc. Most think I'm a little twisted because I really do like to do it.
    I figure any help I can give our K9 teams will only help me when I really need it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    The Belgian Malinois are pretty keen and sharp. I've never had the pleasure of being around any, have only watched them work on video. I've had a German Shepherd (raised up with several of them), and Dobermans and sometimes you will find a Dobe that is keen and doesn't like to hear "out". It's been a long time since I've been around any Schutzhund or working dogs. I'm looking to get a dobe in the near future. I'm looking to get the right bloodlines and mix of working, obedience , and show stock. I like the older heavier body, and block head look than the greyhound look that you see in some now days. Same with the German Shepherd, I like the eastern European look with a straighter top line. You don't see many wolves with the rounded banana look like has been bred into the German Shepherd for the show ring.

Links