Cental FL Members, I need some help.

This is a discussion on Cental FL Members, I need some help. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I will be returning to the States for a (much needed) vacation and would like to get in some range time while I am there. ...

Thread: Cental FL Members, I need some help.

VIP Member

I will be returning to the States for a (much needed) vacation and would like to get in some range time while I am there. I am hoping some of the CFL locals (and I know there are a few of you!) can lend a helping hand.

Here's what I am looking for: A decent handgun range with handgun rentals. Ideally, I'd like them to have a Kahr PM9, but I know that is probably not going to happen. Any Kahr will do in a pinch - I'm seriously looking to buy one and I'd like to get a feel for the trigger, the sights, the recoil out of such a small package...the usual.

Even better would be if a local member (or two!) wanted to meet up for a shoot and let me test their small autos. I know, a big request from an internet stranger, but I'm throwing it out there.

I'll be in town (Celbration, specifically) from around the 15th of August through the 3rd of September. I can travel pretty much anywhere on the I-4 corridor...

Thanks in advance for all of your help.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I'm about 100 miles south of that area, PM me if interested.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

I'm 6 hours north in the panhandle. Not much up here, things are much better in Central Fl. If you're interested in the PM9, be sure to look at the MK9 Elite. Have a nice vacation.

OPFOR,

No Kahr's here, but I am about an hour away on the Brevard beaches.

I know of 2 local ranges, and I will check to see what they have for rent, then let you know.

Mike
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar
    There's a great little indoor range with rentals in Ormond Beach, near Daytona. It's called Hot Shot, and I even think one of the employees is a member here. I'd be happy to punch some paper with ya ! PM if interested.
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

Im located in tampa bay and i have a kahr pm9, let me see what my work scedule is looking like, ill let you shoot it.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

VIP Member
    Thanks for the replies, guys, they are much appreciated. I'll keep you all posted as my travel dates get closer. Thanks again!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator
    Well, I'm no where near Florida, I tend to stay a few hundred miles north. I do have a PM9 that I'd let you thrash for a few hours, if you found your way north.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Check out Shoot Straight in Apopka, 1349 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Apopka, Fl 32703. Ph 407-889-0842, hr Mon-Sat 10 am to 9pm, Sun 11am to 7 pm. It is on the outskirts of Orlando along hwy 441. They have an indoor range and a large stock of rental guns to choose from. Also a well stocked rental section with most popular handguns in stock and on display. From the Celebration area, I'd say you would have about a 45 minute ride. Take I-4 heading EAST to the Maitland Blvd exit. Exit and head west and remain on Maitland Blvd until it intersects with Hwy 441 ( about 2 to 3 miles ), make a right turn on to 441. Continue several miles, you'll be passing a Walmart on the left, then continue on a few more blocks and you'll see Shoot Straight on your right, It looks like an Old West building. Enjoy yourself in FL.

Hot Shots

You're welcome to shoot at Hot Shots just outside of Daytona. We have a couple of Kahrs, a few T9 and T40s and an MK9. I don't think we have a P series in stock anymore. I'll be glad to bring in my MK40, it's becoming a safe queen lately.

1873 N Nova Rd.
    Holly Hill, FL 32117
    386 677-1195

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...&zipcode=32117

Check out www.floridashootersnetwork.com . You can find out all sorts of stuff about Fla there.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

No rentals in Gainesville area that I'm aware of...but we have a GREAT range...

Gainesville Target Range...

tegemu...thanks for the site...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links