Finally, an advantage to being handicapped!

This is a discussion on Finally, an advantage to being handicapped! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have handicapped parking plates, since I have severe arthritis, and spinal stenosis. I have chronic pain, which limits my ability to walk. Today, I ...

Thread: Finally, an advantage to being handicapped!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

I have handicapped parking plates, since I have severe arthritis, and spinal stenosis. I have chronic pain, which limits my ability to walk. Today, I went to the gun show at Cashman Field. Normally, I've always used the north entrance, out of habit, because before I became handicapped, I could get better parking (ok, not handicapped at the time, but still lazy!). Today, for some reason, I used the south entrance. When I asked about the handicapped parking, I was directed around to the back of the building (This side is up a hill, so the handicapped parking can't be located in the usual lot for that side. As it turned out, that area not only had the handicapped parking, but was also the vendor entrance. No box office, no one taking tickets. So, I got into the show for the $3 parking fee. Now, saving the admittance is not usually a big deal. But considering that I've been out of work for almost 6 months, money has been tight. I just got my first unemployment check Wednesday (My previous employer filed a protest on my benefits, and they were denied until a hearing 12 days ago, when the hearing officer thought that the company didn't have a good reason for the protest). And, my check quickly came into my hands, then most of it left, on bills an gas. I have only a little discretionary income until the next check arrives, so for me this was a big deal.

Good for you. That'll teach them not to watch the back door.

Austin

p.s. we have a saying "gear adrift is a gift". I guess it goes the same way for open doors at gun shows.

Administrator
    Sever Arthritis that's a painful bummer. I'm watching my M in Law suffering with it now. So...didja find anything at all at the show?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Sever Arthritis that's a painful bummer. I'm watching my M in Law suffering with it now. So...didja find anything at all at the show?
    Agreed. I've been diognosed with early arthritis,so I couldn't imagine how painful it must be for you. Hang in there,and glad to hear tha you could save some coin

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Found LOTS of things that I want (Socom II Rifle, and a FS2000- I love the bullpup design) but nothing that I could afford yet. Actually, I tend to go to gun shows to look, and get ideas. I buy at my local gun shop- they always give me a decent price, and when a store treats you right, I tend to be loyal. Now, that doesn't mean that if I came across something I lied that was significantly cheaper, I would just go to my store and pay more. But I've looked at gear at the shows from local stores, advertising a great show price, only to walk into the store weeks later and see it at the same price!

Sponsored Links