Do we have this problem here on the forum

This is a discussion on Do we have this problem here on the forum within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "A home in Sacramento's south Natomas neighborhood is surrounded by sheet metal, and neighbors are calling it an eyesore," reports KCRA-TV from California's capital: The ...

Thread: Do we have this problem here on the forum

Do we have this problem here on the forum

"A home in Sacramento's south Natomas neighborhood is surrounded by sheet metal, and neighbors are calling it an eyesore," reports KCRA-TV from California's capital:

The D'Souza family lives in the home on Timberwood Court, and claims the aluminium pieces are necessary to protect them from unknown neighbors who have been bombarding them with radio waves and making them sick. . . .

"Eleven years in Sacramento and few other years in Southern California and this is the first time I've ever seen (anything like this). The inside of the house is also covered with foil and the beds are covered with a foil-like material as well," Sacramento Code Enforcement spokesman Josh Pino said.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    no foil is too loud to sleep under. Don't believe me, try a emergency foil blanket.

i know i dont have this problem

Administrator

Thumbs up FortyFive

I kinda like the new Reynolds Teflon coated Aluminum Foil. It's so doggone slippery that the radio waves can't stick to it at all. They bounce back with a passion. In addition the Teflon seems to help block the ultrasonic stuff that we're also being constantly bombarded with.

I had the inside of my skull treated with an aluminum based Rhino lining, so I don't have to put up the sheet metal any more.

Quote Originally Posted by FortyFive
    "A home in Sacramento's south Natomas neighborhood is surrounded by sheet metal, and neighbors are calling it an eyesore," reports KCRA-TV from California's capital:

The D'Souza family lives in the home on Timberwood Court, and claims the aluminium pieces are necessary to protect them from unknown neighbors who have been bombarding them with radio waves and making them sick. . . .

"Eleven years in Sacramento and few other years in Southern California and this is the first time I've ever seen (anything like this). The inside of the house is also covered with foil and the beds are covered with a foil-like material as well," Sacramento Code Enforcement spokesman Josh Pino said.
    That is just overkill. They should know a single layer of heavy duty Reynolds Wrap around the head will give the same protection.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar

Why is this so unusual?

When I was in for treatment, tin foil was the only thing that got me relief. I mean, I tried cardboard, hankerchieves, bedding, you name it--and I could still feel the Pentagon periodically monitoring my thoughts.

Well, that period is over. But I have to tell you, a simple lining of tin foil not only provides some added warmth when riding, but none of those Joint Chiefs have the slightest idea of where I'm going.

If you buy the value-pak, you have lining that will last for several months.

DC Founder
    Arizona used to have a Republican Governor, Evan Mecham, 1986-1987, who thought the Feds were microwaving his office. His staff used to wear tinfoil hats when he was out of the office. He was impeached after a year...
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Now y'all have got me worried, I've got a titatium plate in my jaw, do you suppose I'm an unknowing transmitter or repeater? ;)
    "Terrorists don't seem to be too afraid of stern language. But I do notice, that while the fear of death does not seem to deter these people, the fact of BEING dead does significantly decrease their operational effectiveness. "
    - Bill Whittle

Soooooooo.now I know the reason why I feel the way I do..all tuned in on the hi band radio waves in my head......I once worked for Raytheon in Waltham ma... they tested out the radar systems in a range next to where I worked........... and also tested the Patriot Missile Phase Array Radar system in Andover where i worked as well....No wonder whay I'm picking up Rush Limbaugh, and Art Bell late at night, while I lie in bed.. LOL

Assistant Administrator
    That aluminum deal is a waste of time!! Hey - only thing to use is ''Mu-Metal'' - much better screening than anything else.!!!

Can't understand all this foil stuff - ''Mu-Metal hat'' is way to go - as well as fence, door liners, bed springs, cooking utensils - heck, even guns should be made outa Mu-Metal!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    P95Carry,

I did a google and found this.

"Mill distributors of high temperature, corrosion resistant, shielding, electronic, and controlled expansion grades of nickel/cobalt alloy metals.

Grades are stocked in sheet, plate, rectangular and round shapes. Our large and extensive inventory allows fast deliveries on hard to find metals for the aerospace, petrochemical and electronic industries.

High Temp Metals, Inc. has in-house capability to shear, band saw, abrasive saw, and plasma cut materials from stock to guarantee shipment in one day."

Guy, how can you be so right so many times in one day!

edit: Does this come in common hat sizes? Not that I need it...
    Last edited by The Tourist; June 1st, 2005 at 02:10 AM.

Assistant Administrator
    Does this come in common hat sizes?
    Nope!! This requires some metal bashing - a ''make yer own'' deal! LOL.

Foil is out - Mu-Metal is in
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links