Fedex vs. The Goverment

This is a discussion on Fedex vs. The Goverment within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You might not like Newt Gingrich but he does make a point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15D3ElV1Jzw...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fedex vs. The Goverment

Talking Fedex vs. The Goverment

You might not like Newt Gingrich but he does make a point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15D3ElV1Jzw
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

2. Remove Ads

i was watching Gingrich on TV when he said that. He is absolutely correct. Fedex and UPS can track hundreds of thousands of packages per day when the US government cannot track illegal aliens.

The analogy between autonomous human beings and flow channeled packages is not only incompatible but completely inane.

Gingrich has shown himself to be an idiot positing the two as comparable.
    The only point he's made is that he does not understand at all either system beyond that of a 10 yr. olds level of understanding toward end results. Either he is the 10 yr. old or he thinks of the audience as being of that level mentally.

Does he propose we stamp shipping numbers on everyone and install scanners everywhere to track individual movements.
    Laughable just as the audience responded.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Tell me Jang. How do you really feel?

You have a drivers' license. You have credit cards. you have cell phones. you have a vehicle. You have cable or satellite TV. You are a creature of habit. You have a Bank account. If you enter a foreign country, you have to have a passport.....

I am saying that there are literally hundreds of ways to track the movements of human beings, and I think that is what Newt was alluding to. The current system of tracking Illegal aliens, or even legal aliens, is nonexistent in this country. I remember telling my relatives that while in Europe, I crossed seven international borders in one day on my way home. At each, I was checked, searched and questioned by government officials. Now, I am certainly not saying we should do the same here, but surely we can do a better job than we have been.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Does he propose we stamp shipping numbers on everyone and install scanners everywhere to track individual movements.
    Laughable just as the audience responded.

- Janq

I have to agree with Jang here, how do we track human's that just came across the border, shop with cash, and sleep in abandoned shacks.

If the Gov't enacts legislation or a program/department allowing tracking of people through credit cards, vehicles, and other such means, what's to stop them from tracking us, that is if they aren't doing that already.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

we are all numbered

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    You have a drivers' license. You have credit cards. you have cell phones. you have a vehicle. You have cable or satellite TV. You are a creature of habit. You have a Bank account. If you enter a foreign country, you have to have a passport...
    I agree. In Revelations it is written that everyone will have their own numbers.
    We ARE being tracked weather it is by the grocery stores keeping track of how many sodas are bought, but also the State government of Kalifornia keeping track of how many guns we buy each year.
    But we still cannot find the elusive illegal immigrant
    Happiness is a warm 9mm

Illegal immigrants are easy to find, just look for hard low paying work and you will find plenty. I've seen up to twenty on street corners waiting for day labor jobs. They don't seem to be too hard to find to me.

+1 Janq! Gingrich made a cheap soundbite, nothing of substance. No shock, there.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    +1 Janq! Gingrich made a cheap soundbite, nothing of substance. No shock, there.
    I don't know...I'm no fan of Newt's by any means but I do actually think he makes a good point here. His statements are obviously not meant to be taken at 100% face value...he's really just asking a question: If private business can do something so seemingly complex as package tracking and bank transfers millions of times per day then why can the federal government not enforce it's own imigration policies? I wouldn't read too much more into it than that as I don't believe he is actually saying that he can provide a viable solution but instead just showing how somethings live in "the world that works" and other things reside in "the world that is broken". In the basic idea of the talk is really quite good...think about the other things that this works/broken world model could fit into.
    Again, I don't take what he said as face value, just a mere demonstration.

+1 Janq

Gingrich comes off as a moron in that video.

Austin

I heard the YIN, now the YANG

How about we change the bureaucracy to make it easier to become a citizen? I have friends who describe the current system as a nightmare. Make it easy.

NOw the new citizen can work, pay taxes, pay social security, invest in 401ks and bank accounts that help the stock market and credit loans. I think the more the better.

My family came from Ireland in the 1700s because life there was bad. The English had all the sovernty and owned most property except for those lucky Irish who worked with the English.

These immigrants crossing the border today face similar problems. No jobs, no money, no property. Everything owned by the rich. And here is the land of opportunity.

Heck maybe we can even get them to buy a ticket at the border to come in and see the USA show.

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    You have a drivers' license. You have credit cards. you have cell phones. you have a vehicle. You have cable or satellite TV. You are a creature of habit. You have a Bank account. If you enter a foreign country, you have to have a passport.....

I am saying that there are literally hundreds of ways to track the movements of human beings, and I think that is what Newt was alluding to. The current system of tracking Illegal aliens, or even legal aliens, is nonexistent in this country. I remember telling my relatives that while in Europe, I crossed seven international borders in one day on my way home. At each, I was checked, searched and questioned by government officials. Now, I am certainly not saying we should do the same here, but surely we can do a better job than we have been.
    The day we need all of that to move around "legally" in America is the day I move to South America...
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeephipwr View Post
    These immigrants crossing the border today face similar problems. No jobs, no money, no property. Everything owned by the rich. And here is the land of opportunity.
    Yup. It's horrible. That's why they're all flooding back into Mexico.

The problem isn't immigration, it's illegal immigration. No one should be allowed to apply for citizenship while they are breaking the law.

From what I've read many don't want citizenship anyway. They want the benefits of living in the US without hassle.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Heck, if the Government isn't going to arrest the Illegals and deport them, maybe they could round them up and Bar Code them - at least they could track them and send more funds to the states and cities that have to support them.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links