Got my new truck (pic heavy)

This is a discussion on Got my new truck (pic heavy) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hi, guys! I've been busy, busy, busy, but I thought I'd pop in to share my new toy. Finally, after saving up for a long, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my new truck (pic heavy)

VIP Member

Hi, guys! I've been busy, busy, busy, but I thought I'd pop in to share my new toy.

Finally, after saving up for a long, long time, we were able to dish out for a brand-spankin' new Tacoma.

It's a Speedway Blue TRD-Offroad:

I got some accessories, like the roof rack, running boards, bug shield and cargo divider.

Here's my cargo divider. It's aluminum, not plastic. I have a Pop-n-Lock tailgate lock on the way - Toyota tailgates lift out easily and can be stolen in seconds (I've found that out lurking on some Toyota boards). With the tailgate locked, my cargo divider can't be stolen, either. It won't slide out with the tailgate closed. I used Lock-tite on the two turn knobs on the top; they're only for screwing the divider to the divider rails - there is another set of knobs used to slide the divider along the rails. There's a 400W outlet in the bed, good enough for powering a small TV, a laptop, or power tools.

This double-cab has a 5-foot bed. There is also a six-foot version, but this truck is already 2.5 feet longer than my old Sonoma. The turning radius is incredible, but I still have to acclimate to the length. I haven't backed into anything yet, thank goodness. And, thankyouverymuch, I do take the time to re-park if I'm in crooked.

Rear differential lock button, and the button for the 400W outlet in the bed.

Here's my husband in the back seat. No, I don't make him ride there. I have the seat on front of him almost all the way back, and he's still got leg room. He's 5' 11". The rear seats in the Tacoma beat the seat space in the equivalent Nissan Frontier, plus you're not sitting bolt upright.

The rear seats also lift forward to reveal to enclosed cargo spaces, one large and one small. I have my jack, tire iron, jumper cables, flashlight and extra batteries, red glo sticks, road flare, rain poncho, an MRE, and some minor survival goodies in there.

This is the cargo space behind the seats. I was not able to fit my toolbox in, but there were handy storage bins I was able to use. I also have my bungee cords, recovery strap, e-tool, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, ice breaker and an extra change of clothes and shoes in there, among other things.

It got to see a little 4WD action this past weekend. It won't get to do any serious rock crawling or muddin', of course, it's too shiny, too new, and too stock.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

That's a real nice truck Betty. You will get tired of that truck before you wear it out. My brother-in-law used toyota trucks in his delivery service and he retired them around 350,000 miles. Regular PM and your set with a toyota. I wish a small truck would fit my needs but it's a diesel for me. Enjoy the new toy.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

VIP Member
    Very Nice! Congrats!
    And according to my wife, men should ride in the back fully strapped and gagged
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    Thats a real nice rig Betty...ah...nothing like a new truck full of goodies!

Sweet ride! I really liked the Toyota double cab, but I had to settle for a 2 yr. old Chevy Colorado instead. I won't complain though since I got a pretty good deal on it.

Plans? Why make plans when you can do things haphazardly?

Florida Shooters Network
    Map of Central FL gun shops

My truck is bigger than your truck! Oh ya sorry, wrong forum!!!!

Awesome truck, Betty. I really like it, the color, the options, even your husband goes well with it.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Very nice Betty
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Assistant Administrator
    Wow! Nice ride Mrs.S!!!

That is one heck of a striking blue - great color and it sure seems very well appointed. I am still well pleased with my Chevy Silverado but have to say - would relish a Tundra - the Toyota truck series seems to have really made inroads these days.

The under-seat cargo storage looks just right for a goodly number of firearms
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    The under seat space, although it looks like one big space, is actually two spaces divided by a hump in between. I don't *think* I can fit a long rifle across it. I haven't tried, though. My jumper cables are stretching across it, so maybe a slim barrel would fit there.

It's got scary fast acceleration in it - I guess I got too used to an aging little pickup. The picture doesn't really do the color justice - it's a brilliant blue and you'll know it when you see it.

future additions:
    seat covers
    vent visors
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    Congratulations, Betty. You have waited quite a while and it finally paid off, you have just what you want. Great looking ride. I have my old Dodge, but I sometimes envy a couple of folks I know with Toyotas. Enjoy.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Administrator
    Nice truck. I've always liked 'yotas. Dont forget to post pictures when you get it all muddy.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Very nice truck Betty...if you've never owned a Toyota, you'll love it...I have an 04 Double Cab Tacoma with the TSS package and I couldn't be happier.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

WOW....I am a little green with envy right now Betty. I really like the Toyota Tacoma. I am a big Jeep guy but I have to be honest, they have been churning out crap for a few years now. That Liberty that everyone is driving right now, I have not heard too many folks who bought one who are really happy with it. Over priced, under powered and not really worthy of the Jeep name.

I have a 1991 Toyota Camry that has over 200,000 miles on it. No major problems. In fact other than a minor oil leak, everything works very well on it. That car has been in every state East of the Mississippi and a few West of it. Toyota makes a heck of a good car/truck!

I would like to have a Tacoma myself. Congrats on the new ride Betty. I am sure you will love it.

By the way, what did the new truck replace?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Congrats on the new truck. It is bigger than the Frontier, I looked at those and went with a Titan.

That's one purdy truck
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links