Out of controll "Political Correctness"

This is a discussion on Out of controll "Political Correctness" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm pretty fed up with this PC BS. The company that I work for has become totally obsessed with Affirmative Action ("diversity") and political correctness. ...

Thread: Out of controll "Political Correctness"

I'm pretty fed up with this PC BS. The company that I work for has become totally obsessed with Affirmative Action ("diversity") and political correctness. We are forced to attend brain-washing sessions twice a year, so as to convience us that those new persons that they just hired are more qualified for the jobs than experienced people that have been doing the jobs for years. Never mind that they can hardly speak our language. Never mind that it's nearly impossible to verify their education claims. If you're a male, over 50, hang it up.If you're a female, unmarried with 10 kids, all with different last names, there is a good job waiting for you. Never mind that you're too stupid to do the job, a less qualified person will be instructed to train you. Now the real crusher. We had two men that have worked together for over twenty years, very good friends both on and off the job. One is Mexican (there is no such thing as hispanic), the other is white. One calls the other "Gringo", the other is "wetback". It's always in good fun. They probably have forgotten each others real names. Well, they fired the white man last week because someone overheard him, and "was offended". Nothing was done to the Mexican man. He tried to defend him, no luck. Another man has a confiderate flag tatoo on his upper arm. He must wear a bandage over it at all times while on company property. Where is this country headed ??? No, it's not calif.

Im on vaction this week maybe ill check back in next week when i can get could a P.O'ed about it but i hear ya this stuff is a bunch of crap

Hi Geezer, this is a good day for me to answer your question as I am not getting sleep lately and feel like I could fly.(no I am not on drugs)
    California law makers have approved for the state of CA a Vietnam flag they can fly, I understand Texas has also done this. I have maintained a long while ago that Texas is fast becoming what CA is so I won't be moving there anytime soon. Folks don't see it coming, its like a cloud of gas. Like your two buddies who enjoyed their laugh over the years I had a friend about as old as I and he is black and we would kid about the layoffs and how he had an advantage over me. We really enjoyed each others company because our age was close and we could talk about things not normally discussed without a fist fight. It was better years ago, if you knew your job you were hired, if you were no good you were fired, very simple. If you called someone a bad name they punched you in the mouth, solution, don't call people bad names, very simple control over getting along at the office.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

I was not aware of either state authorizing the flying of a VC rag. I hope not to live long enough to see that happen.

Assistant Administrator
    Geezer - I share your angst - in more ways than I can remember all at once!!! I am appalled, sickened, frustrated, depressed, pissed, angered, (add more of your own terms here ______________ ).

Daily it seems I see and hear ever more examples of the downright absurd - plus it seems, the pendulum has swung totally to the opposite extreme. It is now the average white guy (American born usually) who is the disadvantaged - feeling as tho HE is in the minority - and then the true minorities get majority status - and woe betide anyone who should dare complain or create a ruccus - they will only be stamped down, fired from their job - or maybe in this wonderful day and age - ARESTED - for a ''hate crime''

This has been coming on for a long time - almost insidious - same other side of pond too. Trouble is now - it is possible to look back and compare and realize - just how $%^&#@% bad it has gotten.

My only vague hope is, that because things often seem to go full circle over time - maybe this will - the pendulum might swing back - tho as for breath holding - I won't!! Not in the limited time I have left.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

All this, it seems to me, has come about in a very short time period. I remember things being a lot different even when I was in High School, and I graduated in '94. We can swing this thing back to normal, I believe. It will take hard work, though. I don't follow PC. I call a spade a spade, and sometimes it ticks people off. I don't go out of my way to be offensive, mind you. I simply refuse to bow down to anyone, and allow them to dictate the way I behave.
    Myself, I see big changes coming. I think all this PC stuff is going to implode. What happens when a gay black man presses a lawsuit against an illegal mexican immigrant, and they both claim the other offended them, or used hate speech? At some point, I feel this will turn around.
    What was I trying to say? I don't know. I'm sick of this stuff, too.
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Sponsored Links