Stab Proof School Uniforms On Sale

This is a discussion on Stab Proof School Uniforms On Sale within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just saw this on TV and had to share. Bolds are mine. UK News Stab Proof School Uniforms On Sale Tuesday, 14th August 2007, 12:54 ...

Thread: Stab Proof School Uniforms On Sale

VIP Member

Just saw this on TV and had to share. Bolds are mine.

UK News

Tuesday, 14th August 2007, 12:54

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parents worried about Britain's knife culture can now buy stab proof school uniforms to put their minds at ease.

A firm is lining blazers and jumpers with stab proof kevlar, used in body armour, to keep kids safe against knife attacks.

Barry Samms, 32, one of the bosses of Essex based firm Bladerunner, said that a line of stab proof hoodies had proved a hit with kids. They were then asked by parents about the possibility of a stab proofed school uniform.

They now offer to line blazers and jumpers with kevlar if pupils send in their uniforms.

Mr Samms said that the blazers cost £120 a line, and so far he had had half a dozen orders.

He said: "The blazers and jumpers have come on the back of the hooded tops which we launched in April. Since then we had a small amount of parents contacting us and asking if we could do something similar with their kids' uniforms so we have been modifying them for them.

"We have done blazers and jumpers - we have done about half a dozen so far. It's somehing that we can do and it's something we are offering. It costs about £120 for a blazer and £60 or £70 for a jumper."

Explaining why he believed there was a demand for stab proof clothing and now school uniforms, Mr Samms said that parents were genuinely fearful for their children's well-bring.

He said: "From what I can gather and from speaking to parents it's just peace of mind for them.

"I spoke to a lady yesterday whose son was mugged on a bus coming home from school. She has also got two daughters, but she always sends them to school with no money on them and no jewellery."

Earlier this week, a 15-year old boy told how he was attacked at knifepoint - but was saved from serious injury because he was wearing a kevlar hoodie.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Standard attire for West Ham United fans.

does anyone else see the correlation that removing the guns did not remove the crime? or wait, I guess that was the point of the post
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

I saw something on the news last night (maybe it's already been posted here!) about a US firm making kevlar backpacks for school kids.

They need to make those papoose-front loaded baby carriers (you can tell that I don't have kids!) with Kevlar.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Administrator
    Great...now kids will be intentionally stabbing one another to see if they really are stab proof.

And the really BAD DUDES will quickly realize that any kid COULD BE wearing a stab proof uniform and will simply slit their throats instead of attempting to stab them in the chest.
    I LOVE brilliant people with no foresight who have "Bright Idea" thinking that is idiotic and total nonsense.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

They should just collect old magazines and tape them to the students under their clothes like inmates do.

If a country has to start dressing their children in stab resistant clothing then they need to pull their head out of their butts and look at the big problems. But then again that wouldn't be the PC thing to do.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

VIP Member
    ...The sooner they cut to the chase and just ban everything, the sooner they'll have the Utopia they deserve...

"I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Great...now kids will be intentionally stabbing one another to see if they really are stab proof.

And the really BAD DUDES will quickly realize that any kid COULD BE wearing a stab proof uniform and will simply slit their throats instead of attempting to stab them in the chest.
    I LOVE brilliant people with no foresight who have "Bright Idea" thinking that is idiotic and total nonsense.
    Yep....or the BG will just start carrying blunt objects to hit them with, or ...

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Sponsored Links