OK,educate me , what street drug causes this?

This is a discussion on OK,educate me , what street drug causes this? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was in line tonight at a store and a girls pupils were literally the size of dimes. Her entire colored part of eyes were ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: OK,educate me , what street drug causes this?

Distinguished Member Array 1911srule's Avatar

I was in line tonight at a store and a girls pupils were literally the size of dimes. Her entire colored part of eyes were taken up by them. I am guessing a stimulant of some sort from her anxiousness. She was buying vodka, my guess to take the edge off whatever she was on. I thought ok if she has vampire teeth I'm outta here ha. Is it meth, bath salts or what? On a different occasion a young male in is 20's same pupil dilation but extremely amped up and agitated. Crawling out of his skin. At that time I thought he'd be very difficult to over come in a physical confrontation if at all. This is becoming more prevalent , can't believe these kids are this stupid. I work in a small city where I am noticing this. I can only imagine how bad it is in larger ones...
    GO TRUMP ! HILLARY-PRISON NOT PROMOTION
    Political Correctness- the tool used to disarm common sense and destroy America.

Senior Moderator
    LSD is one of them, Cocaine another.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

Now I'm wondering what folks at the gas station thought when I went in after an eye exam...
    "...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."

– Captain Bellamy

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Struckat's Avatar
    LSD will do that, mushrooms, crack, cocaine and meth.

She sounds like a sweetie. No doubt vodka will help.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Now I'm wondering what folks at the gas station thought when I went in after an eye exam...
    I hate it when the eye doctor dilates my pupils, I look like an owl and sunlight hurts. I have read that marijuana also causes pupil dilation but have no experience to verify.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    Hóka-héy! Crazy Horse

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I hate it when the eye doctor dilates my pupils, I look like an owl and sunlight hurts. I have read that marijuana also causes pupil dilation but have no experience to verify.
    Yeah, it's no fun. Even with sunglasses I have to squint.

Also couldn't say about the marijuana, but it makes me wonder if folks who get that effect from their "recreational" drugs also have trouble with bright light?
    "...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."

– Captain Bellamy

VIP Member
    Remembering way, way back when we had older teens, I believe Marijuana causes "red eye".....looks like an allergic reaction. Like can happen if you are doing real old fashioned hay bailing and lots of dust gets in your eyes.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    And the eye doctor gives you those stylish sunshades to wear after dilation!
    msgt/ret and ThirdShift like this.

My best bet goes to meth. crawling out of there skin is the description that I give them. They are easily agitated,and come unhinged at the drop of a hat. Just my guess though. DR

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    LSD is one of them, Cocaine another.
    Wrong on both counts. Speed the answer
    RolandD and marcclarke like this.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and without hesitation.

Unlikely to be 'speed' with such a pronounced effect as the OP described. Generally the stimulants are reuptake inhibitors, meaning the normal cyclic nature is interrupted allowing various anticholinergics to accumulate. This is less pronounced, unless the individual is susceptible. The technical name is Mydriasis.

MDMA, fenfluramine, chlorphentermine among street drugs are the most likely to cause Mydriasis because their effect is pronounced and direct.

Coca alkaloids can cause Mydriasis if a solution is dropped into the eye. Eye doctors use Cyclogyl™, a mixture of two compounds.

Another cause can be brain trauma (blown pupils). Pathologists(*) look for this if there has been an accident. If one side is blown and not the other it gives an indication.

(*)(Yes, my day job before I retired was clinical pathologist).
    R.E.D. (Retired. Extremely. Dangerous.) From the movie with Willis, Malcovich and Mirren

Administrator
    You know what those eye drops are that dilate your pupils pre eye exam? I know but, do you?

Google is making it way too easy for members to come up with a fast correct answer these days.

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION FOR MEMBERS. Clarification.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    You know what those eye drops are that dilate your pupils pre eye exam? I know but, do you?

Google is making it way too easy for members to come up with a fast correct answer these days.
    I doubt anyone would have an eye exam dilation at 9 pm at night. She was obviously higher than a kite. And we can't discuss it with google so I thought it was an appropriate question here.
    Political Correctness- the tool used to disarm common sense and destroy America.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    Unlikely to be 'speed' with such a pronounced effect as the OP described. Generally the stimulants are reuptake inhibitors, meaning the normal cyclic nature is interrupted allowing various anticholinergics to accumulate. This is less pronounced, unless the individual is susceptible. The technical name is Mydriasis.

MDMA, fenfluramine, chlorphentermine among street drugs are the most likely to cause Mydriasis because their effect is pronounced and direct.

Coca alkaloids can cause Mydriasis if a solution is dropped into the eye. Eye doctors use Cyclogyl™, a mixture of two compounds.

Another cause can be brain trauma (blown pupils). Pathologists(*) look for this if there has been an accident. If one side is blown and not the other it gives an indication.

(*)(Yes, my day job before I retired was clinical pathologist).
    Excellent post thank you. Nice being able to tap into knowledge here...

Distinguished Member Array G26Raven's Avatar
    Not a street drug, but if you use scopolamine patches for motion sickness and then touch your eyes your pupils will dilate. Had this happen with a friend while scuba diving from a boat and the immediate reaction of the other divers was that they thought she had decompression sickness until they figured it out.
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good story...
    NRA Member
    If I'm not hunting, I'm either at the range, scouting, reloading, or practicing archery.

"To you who call yourselves 'men of peace,' I say, you are not safe without men of action by your side." Thucydides

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links