My day off

My day off

This is a discussion on My day off within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My first stop is a local gun store. Now there's a surprise! I went there to purchase a Surefire E2D. They had it. I bought ...

Thread: My day off

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar

My day off

My first stop is a local gun store. Now there's a surprise! I went there to purchase a Surefire E2D. They had it. I bought it. It is one sweet light.

Before I left I asked whether they had a speedloader for my SW 340. The guy behind the counter looked at the backs of some of the speedloader packages against the wall. He then said that I should bring the 340 in to try what they had there. I said, "No problem, it is on my hip. How can I show it to you?" He directed me to the front of the store where they had a sand bucket and told me I could unload there.

It definitely seemed weird unholstering my CCW in public. I cleared it and went back to the counter to let him see if he had a match. He went into the back and began fiddling with (plastic bullets?) One of his coworkers asked him what he was doing and he soon returned, pointed to the empty rack on the wall and told me they were out. I asked him if I could reload and he said yes, again at the sand bucket. I reloaded, holstered, and left.

Next stop was the department store to by CCW clothes. I bought more pants and shorts, two inches too big to accomodate IWB carry. Also, some shirts, though no Hawaiian this time. Then, I went to Border's looking for Ayoob's book. (I can't recall the name offhand.) They did not have it.

Last stop...drum roll...the range/gun store. I was going to buy the XD9. Bad luck. They had two in stock last week. Now they have none. I can order in Monday and pick it up on Wednesday. While I was there I checked ut the Kahr PM9. Hmmmmm....

day off

Beats the snot out of my weed spraying the property.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

Sponsored Links