Vacation day Monday 8-20-07

This is a discussion on Vacation day Monday 8-20-07 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I took last Monday off and rode 42 miles on my bike. I also took this Monday off (8-20-07) and I intend to do ...

Thread: Vacation day Monday 8-20-07

Well, I took last Monday off and rode 42 miles on my bike. I also took this Monday off (8-20-07) and I intend to do a 50 mile ride.

I have my blaze orange bike jersey (so the car drivers will hopefully see me) and I have water chilling down in the 'fridge overnight, my bike is lubed up, and I am itching to hit the rode and ride.

It was 104 degrees last Monday. This Monday it is supposed to only get up to 96 degrees. Considerably cooler than last week so 50 miles should be no problem.

Wish me luck and I'll post after I am done and let you all know how it went.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

It is 9:45am. I am heading out the door to ride my 50.

Talk to you guys later.......
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Moderator
    Enjoy!
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Administrator
    I'm guessing he's about 12 miles into it right now. I wonder if he has been thinking of swapping the bike out for a motorcycle yet.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Assistant Administrator
    Makes me sweat just thinkin' about it!

More power to your legs Mike - wish I was 20 years younger and just might be trying the same thing - but not in those temps!!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    That brings back memories of years ago then I was riding a lot. I'd get up in the late spring through early fall when it was light enough by 7 AM. I'd be out of the house by 7 with the goal of doing 50 miles and making it back to the house before my wife "closed the breakfast kitchen" at 10:30! Most of the time I actually make it!

If course in those days I was also doing 15 -25 miles per day 5 days a week besides that!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I wonder what hes carrying.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I'm back

I am done for the day and unfortunately, Life got in the way and messed up the whole ride.

Right after I posted that I was heading out the door, a friend I had not seen in a long while stopped by and we talked for a while and then we went to lunch at Subway in town.

So, I did not actually get on the bike until almost 1pm. But, I still managed to get in 30 miles before the kids started getting home from school so the day wasn't a total waste. And I was fighting a 15 mile an hour headwind during most of the circuit I was riding. That wind kicked my butt!

It was good to see my buddy Shawn again and I did enjoy having my favorite sub at Subway but I wish I could have gotten the whole 50 miles in.

I'll try to get 50 in the next time I have a day off or maybe one day on a weekend. Labor Day weekend is coming up. Maybe that Monday.

I wonder what hes carrying.
    My Glock 23 of course.....I won't think of carrying any other gun while sweating all over it. I don't think I own another gun that would not have started rusting like crazy by now. The 23 has been covered in sweat and sweat salt, road grit and dirt and I just clean it off, give it a wipe down with the silicone rag and it's good as new.

I still am not in love with the grip but with all the abuse thing thing will take with no adverse effects, I'll live with the grip.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Moderator
    More Power to you Mike
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Sponsored Links