Reincarnation Banned!

This is a discussion on Reincarnation Banned! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Monday, Aug. 20, 2007 11:29 a.m. EDT China Bans Reincarnation The Chinese Communist dictatorship has now reached into the afterlife – authorities have banned Buddhist ...

Thread: Reincarnation Banned!

VIP Member

Talking Reincarnation Banned!

Monday, Aug. 20, 2007 11:29 a.m. EDT
    China Bans Reincarnation

The Chinese Communist dictatorship has now reached into the afterlife – authorities have banned Buddhist monks in Tibet from reincarnating without government permission.

In what Newsweek calls "one of history’s more absurd acts of totalitarianism,” China’s State Administration for Religious Affairs issued a statement saying the new law is "an important move to institutionalize management of reincarnation.”

China’s true motive, however, is to squelch the influence of the Dalai Lama, Tibet’s spiritual and political leader.

"By barring any Buddhist monks living outside China from seeking reincarnation, the law effectively gives Chinese authorities the power to choose the next Dalai Lama, whose soul, by tradition, is reborn as a new human to continue the work of relieving suffering,” Newsweek reports.

That means that after the death of the current Dalai Lama – who has lived in exile in India since 1959 – there could be two successors, one chosen by China and the other by Buddhist monks
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    darn it. I guess I have to change plans again.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Do you have a permit for that?

Old joke... a older Chinese guy is on the street one day lamenting about the total lack of freedom when a official overhears him and says "in the new China you can do anything if you have the proper permit".
    The old gent says "anything?", and is and is answered with "if you have a permit you can do anything".
    So he says "You mean if I want to peaceably assemble I can?" "if you have a permit" was the response.
    He asks "If I want to worship my ancestors I can?" "If you have a permit" was the response.
    He asks "If I want to travel freely I can?" again "If you have a permit you can" was the response.
    He responds "WOW at last I can breath", "Do you have a permit for that?" was the reply.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Free Tibet !!!!

Well, aside from my own thoughts on the whole reincarnation thing...
    I am sure this will be just as effective as posting 'No Weapons' signs keeps criminals from having guns.

Maybe it is the 30.06 'No Reincarnating' signs that work so well!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I am Buddhist who spent time in a Buddhist monastery and whose best friend is a Tibetan. He lives here in the US, in exile from his homeland. I can tell you this is not as foolish as it may sound. The only sticker that has been on my many vehicles in the past 7 years has been a "Free Tibet" Bumper Sticker. It has become a ritual.....a small gesture. This has been very important to me for many years.

For decades the Chinese have tried to break the back of these peaceful and passive people. A very sad but inspirational story....

Whether or not you like Tibetans or Buddhists for that matter, this is really a much bigger issue. The systematic torture, abuse and decimation of one of the oldest and most peaceful cultures on the face of the planet. Any person of sprit and conscience must hear the cries of those poor souls. Religious freedom has been stripped from these people by fascist communist China.

It may sound impractical that China has banned reincarnation but I assure you this has very profound and practical implications for the Tibetan under Chinese rule. It is a prelude to wiping out the Buddhist faith from Tibet.

Reincarnation is fundamental in how the Tibetan Buddhists organize the hierarchy of the Buddhist religion. Lamas and other very important figures are believed to be reincarnated and this is how they are chosen or found as it is.

Outlaw reincarnation and you have effectively outlawed Buddhism and many of the leaders along with the fundamental cornerstones of the Buddhist faith. Since Buddhism was/is the state religion you essentially discredit the state in exile and the exalted leader the Dali Lama. Now they can shoot you in the head for having his picture and then send you family a bill for 50 cents for the bullet......

This certainly will have a profound effect on China's march to wipe out all traces of the Tibetan culture.

A very sad reality indeed...................on to Tibet!!!

(Oh and I have not really gotten the passive thing down yet....at the Abbey they always called me "The Protector")

Max

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Those commies will tax everything...I just hope our congress doen't take notice
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    How will they enforce that, keep shooting you each time you show back up?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Since the Chinese send a bill to the family members for the ammo used that could get expensive.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

"A totalitarian regime crushes all autonomous institutions in its drive to seize the human soul."
    -- Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Max View Post
    I am Buddhist who spent time in a Buddhist monastery and whose best friend is a Tibetan. He lives here in the US, in exile from his homeland. I can tell you this is not as foolish as it may sound. The only sticker that has been on my many vehicles in the past 7 years has been a "Free Tibet" Bumper Sticker. It has become a ritual.....a small gesture. This has been very important to me for many years.

For decades the Chinese have tried to break the back of these peaceful and passive people. A very sad but inspirational story....

Whether or not you like Tibetans or Buddhists for that matter, this is really a much bigger issue. The systematic torture, abuse and decimation of one of the oldest and most peaceful cultures on the face of the planet. Any person of sprit and conscience must hear the cries of those poor souls. Religious freedom has been stripped from these people by fascist communist China.

It may sound impractical that China has banned reincarnation but I assure you this has very profound and practical implications for the Tibetan under Chinese rule. It is a prelude to wiping out the Buddhist faith from Tibet.

Reincarnation is fundamental in how the Tibetan Buddhists organize the hierarchy of the Buddhist religion. Lamas and other very important figures are believed to be reincarnated and this is how they are chosen or found as it is.

Outlaw reincarnation and you have effectively outlawed Buddhism and many of the leaders along with the fundamental cornerstones of the Buddhist faith. Since Buddhism was/is the state religion you essentially discredit the state in exile and the exalted leader the Dali Lama. Now they can shoot you in the head for having his picture and then send you family a bill for 50 cents for the bullet......

This certainly will have a profound effect on China's march to wipe out all traces of the Tibetan culture.

A very sad reality indeed...................on to Tibet!!!

(Oh and I have not really gotten the passive thing down yet....at the Abbey they always called me "The Protector")

Max
    Yeah I've been wondering when the magical "UN" was going to go in and actually rescue somebody that deserved being rescued as opposed to burning bazillions of dollars in the well-known god-forsaken hell holes of the world. What was that movie about tibet...Seven years in Tibet?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Yeah I've been wondering when the magical "UN" was going to go in and actually rescue somebody that deserved being rescued as opposed to burning bazillions of dollars in the well-known god-forsaken hell holes of the world. What was that movie about tibet...Seven years in Tibet?
    Well unfortunately we have been avoiding any real conflict with the Chinese since MacArthur and the 38th parallel he could not cross. We did nothing when Tibet was over run and then nothing after the Tienanmen Square incident.

We further this by giving and maintaining most favored nation status and buying their goods like they are the only game in town. Now with all the poison toys and food we are getting some Bad Karma in return....

As for the UN ....don't get me started on them....
    Last edited by Mad_Max; August 22nd, 2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Since the religious leaders can only claim authority through their reincarnation, they will be given a choice, just like in the days of the Inquisition. Deny the belief in reincarnation, deny that you are entitled to that authority, or die. So you either have a living ordinary Buddhist or a reincarnated, dead Lama. No more religious hierarchy - no more organized religion - soon no more Tibetan Buddhism.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

permission for reincarnation huh? ... wonder what that passport would look like?

(we really need a smilie that's a zombie. it's ...just time.)
    What's this button do?

Links