Government program I would support!

This is a discussion on Government program I would support! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Most of us here are pretty like minded when it comes to the US government. We DON'T want a big intrusive government. We also know ...

Thread: Government program I would support!

VIP Member

Government program I would support!

Most of us here are pretty like minded when it comes to the US government. We DON'T want a big intrusive government.

We also know that the US government is lousy at running ANY program. Just look at the failing Social INSecurity & Mediscare programs. Any program they have done, costs more than projected & never works as advertised. They are just another way to control our lives & take our money.

However...........

Can you think of a better use of our tax money than for the government to provide EVERYBODY with SHTF weapons?

I'm thinking that every non-felon in the US be given (not issued) a weapon of that person's choice. Along with some basic training for it as well. It should also be mandatory. It doesn't matter if you are anti-gun, you still have to participate, just like everybody has to pay taxes even when we don't want to. If after the mandatory training, you are still anti-gun, you don't have to take the bullets, but you do have to take the weapon.

NONE of the other federally funded programs falls under the Constitution like arms do. Medicare, Social Security etc are NOT spelled out in the COTUS.

This could fall into the 'well-regulated' part of the Second.

Now I'm not advocating limiting us from buying what ever other gun we wish to purchase.........just give everybody a weapon of their choice.

I know there would be some issues. We don't want to limit the other weapons we could own. I guess I'm just looking for a way for the government to do something FOR ME & NOT TO ME! Call it payback for all my hard earned tax dollars the government has stolen from me, to fund all manner of deceit & skull-duggery.

Remember this is in the Off Topic & Humor Discussions section......this is meant as humor......so don't focus on the negatives.........try to give some ideas to make this program WORK......... & NOT FAIL!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    So - Switzerland reaches U.S.A.

Well - we are already probably the best armed populace on the planet - but no harm in making sure the strength is even better!

Issue M16's - all round (oh and some ammo!)
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I would vote for it! and in turn vote in goawayfarm as president if this is the kind of administration being run
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    So - Switzerland reaches U.S.A.

Well - we are already probably the best armed populace on the planet - but no harm in making sure the strength is even better!

Issue M16's - all round (oh and some ammo!)
    Sounds good to me. maybe a few 1000 rnds of 5.56 and 8 20 rnd mags to go with the 16.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Great idea.

And Congress needs to make appropriations for free ammo, too.

Lots of ammo....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I know that this isn't entirely serious, but I'd prefer that the government GTFO of my life as much as is reasonably possible.

A good first step would be for them to become gun-neutral. Don't want a gun? Fine. Want a gun? Fine. No gov't sponsored anti-gun programs, no registration, nothing.

Now - if you do something sufficiently dumb you should still get in trouble. An accidental discharge that goes through my window is in the same caliber as a moron drunk driver crashing through my window - they need to see consequences.

But I definitely don't want to be drafted into some sort of a second-tier national guard and made to go through training. If you think this is a good idea you should hang around the DMV or volunteer at a VA. See if you can advocate for expansion of government after that.

Sorry for the rant.

I say...annual ammo allotments....or at least a tax write-off on ammo, new purchases of guns, gun maintenance, of safety equipment (glasses, ear protection, safes, etc.)--make exempt from OSHA rules/laws, less they want to make an "inspection"

Agreeing with dnowell--if you don't want a gun, fine. If you get a gun, etc...here are your tax breaks. Oh yeah, how about writing off the depreciation of firearms every year?

One thing...if this were a government program, I wonder if we'd get anything decent. Gubmint guns? I'm a skeptic...
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    It doesn't matter if you are anti-gun, you still have to participate, just like everybody has to pay taxes even when we don't want to. If after the mandatory training, you are still anti-gun, you don't have to take the bullets, but you do have to take the weapon.
    Not to be a "fly in the ointment" but then you have people who DON'T want the weapon owning it and most likely available for thieves to steal and possess. I say if they don't want it they should be able to opt out like a pacifist. They can join the Red Cross instead.
    John 15:13 - Greater love have no man, than he who is willing to lay down his life for a friend. (Let's just pray we BOTH come out alive)

If the guns kill then pencils misspell words!

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    I say replace the National Guard and Selective Service with a volunteer national militia that may be activated for domestic security only and qualify members to purchase surplus military rifles, pistols, and some machine guns from the CMP (perhaps at a discount).
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    A voucher in the amount of what the government gets charged for a select fire weapon or handgun would be provided to each law abiding non-psychotic American citizen. Those who opt out would then have to donate their vouchers to a pool and those additional vouchers would be distributed to willing participants on a rotating basis from year to year (so if 10% opted out each year, every 10 years each participant would get an additional voucher). You would also get enough ammo to keep yourself familiar with said weapons, based on the military's annual training criteria. Excess ammo from those opting out would be distributed as above. Any guns purchased outside this system would be depreciated on taxes based on the number of rounds fired through said guns each year (for example, if the gun makers say a gun has a 20,000 round life, and you fired 2000 rounds in a year, you would be able to depreciate 1/10th of its value that year). Any weapons deemed obsolete by the regular armed forces, reserves and National Guard would be made available at no cost to the public before any were sold to allies or destroyed.

As long as we are headed down this bunny trail, let me add my comments.

I would not require anyone to own and keep a firearm. But I do like the idea that everyone would get firearm safety training.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

I would NOT vote for this. My reason is on basic principle. It's a government program and you're talking about "giving". For the government to "give" anything, it must first "TAKE" from the rest of us which I completely DISAGREE with in any way shape or form. No more BS programs. No more taxes (which in reality is robbery - defined as theft by the use of violence, threat or intimidation).
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I vote for it just to get the free gun...

Really though I have to agree with the others that the Government needs to GTFO of my life as much a possible.

On thing I would really like to see is firearms safety being taught in schools. But that's just me.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Humorous, indeed.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links