Shoot out in Dallas

Shoot out in Dallas

This is a discussion on Shoot out in Dallas within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20236211/ Officer Wounded, 3 Dead In Interstate Shootout DALLAS - Three people were killed and a Dallas police officer wounded in a bizarre shootout on ...

Thread: Shoot out in Dallas

Shoot out in Dallas

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20236211/

Officer Wounded, 3 Dead In Interstate Shootout
    DALLAS - Three people were killed and a Dallas police officer wounded in a bizarre shootout on Interstate 35 early Sunday morning. Police were called to what they thought was an accident on the interstate about 2:15 a.m. When they arrived, they saw two people laying on the freeway, several feet apart, suffering gunshot wounds, police said.

As one officer aided a person on the ground, his partner, Senior Cpl. Jerry Poston, was shot by someone from inside a nearby car.
    Several passersby who had stopped to help told police that they, too, were fired on when they tried to approach the car. As bullets continued to fly, one of those passing motorists went to his car, grabbed a gun and began returning fire.
    Dallas police identified the shooting victims as Robert Daniel Langston, 22, of Duncanville, and Jesus Reyes Terrazas, Jr., 24, of Dallas. They had apparently stopped at what appeared to be an accident on a freeway by downtown Dallas.
    The suspected gunman who started it all, 20-year-old Nick A. Salinas, of Cedar Hill, killed himself with the gun used in the shootings, authorities said.
    Beyond that, "we do not know who shot who," said Lt. Vernon Hale, a Dallas police spokesman. The officers said they did not shoot anyone, Hale said.
    Poston, a 17-year veteran of the department, was hospitalized in serious condition, police said. He has since been upgraded to stable condition. His family has asked that no other information about him be released, said Lynette Wilkinson, a spokeswoman for Methodist Dallas Medical Center.
    Detectives remained on the scene late Sunday morning, still trying to sort out exactly what happened and identify the people killed. All were men, they said.
    Police also said they recovered a shotgun at the scene.
    One of the three people killed in the shootout was a good Samaritan who had stopped, police said.
    Southbound I-35 remained shut down between Oak Lawn Avenue and Colorado Boulevard for several hours Sunday morning.
    “The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.” Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    I am pretty sure this has been posted a few days ago - I will try and find a link.

Strictly speaking too - it is not an armed citizen success!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thus far no luck! Maybe someone will remember the thread. Certainly a pretty grim incident!

OK - here it is - the search feature let me down and I had to use Mk 1 eyeball!

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=30753

I will close this and suggest anyone pick up on the older thread.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sponsored Links