What a day....!

What a day....!

This is a discussion on What a day....! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I had to be at work at 2:30am....that in itself sucks pretty bad. We had a remote show that I was on the crew for ...

Thread: What a day....!

Unhappy What a day....!

I had to be at work at 2:30am....that in itself sucks pretty bad. We had a remote show that I was on the crew for at the Delta Fair at the Shelby County Agricenter. What fun....not.

Then, as we were breaking that all down, I get a call that my daughter is sick at school. I finished up at work and headed out to get her. They had sent her back to class, still sick, because I had taken over an hour to come and get her. Why she couldn't stay in the nurses office I haven't a clue. So I was a bit miffed about that.

I went to pay the rent and almost ran into Citizen510...literally. I stupidly turned the wrong way down a one way street as he was pulling out of a drive. The day just kept getting better and better.

I paid the rent, then my daughter and I started heading out for home. Pulling out onto the main highway in our town, I got behind a work truck over loaded with ladders and bricks. It was of course in the left hand lane and moving about 25 miles an hour. So I was forced to pass him on the right. I would have stayed behind him but dirt and other debris was falling out the back of the bed and I didn't feel like letting the Toyota get peppered with all that. So I pulled into the right lane and stepped on it to get around him and ofcourse there was a Shelby County Sheriffs Deputy coming the other way and I was over the speed limit while I was passing.
    I looked in the rear view mirror and watched at the Deputy did a quick U-turn. So I pulled into the Kroger parking lot and he pulled in behind me with the overheads flashing.

Windows were already down, turned the car off, put my hands on the top of the wheel and waited. Gave him my DL, he did not ask for my insurance card for some reason....and as I was coming from work I did not have a gun on my person so I didn't hand him my permit.
    He did look at the picture on my DL and ask if that was really me as the picture shows a guy who weighs about 300 pounds and I now weigh 155....I assured him it was me and I had lost about 160 pounds.

When he comes back to the car he tells me that nothing at all shows up on my record (my last ticket of any kind was in 1990 for 7 miles an hour over the limit in South Carolina. 17 years without a ticket is pretty good I think) He tells me to slow it down as he hands my DL back and says have a nice day.

So, this day has been kind of a mixed bag of good, bad and intermediate. I'm going to go take a nap before anything else happens.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Naps for the win - everyone has a bumpy day now and then.

Assistant Administrator
    Mixed bag indeed Mike and hope your daughter is soon well again.

Big plus tho re the traffic stop - that to me does at least help offset much of the rest!!

Return to us refreshed from your much needed nap
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I know what you mean about those early, early mornings! I've had waaay too many of them. All's well that ends well, though. Give yourself a chance to chill out and relax. Sometimes the stress of daily events just has too much of a chance to pile up.

I recommend kicking back, watching "The Big Lebowski" . . . and having a Caucasian or two.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Sponsored Links