Kinda glad to have friends like mine...

This is a discussion on Kinda glad to have friends like mine... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hello, I am not sure whether I have posted this already here or not. If I did, I'll delete. But this occurred maybe a month ...

Hello, I am not sure whether I have posted this already here or not. If I did, I'll delete. But this occurred maybe a month ago. Me and two other buddies (one of them a bud since middle school) went to go shoot pool at the local Slick Willies. At the table across from us, there was a guy with a huge staring problem, I just thought, "eh..." My friends noticed it and were getting on the defensive. As the games went on (i was winning), one of my friends decided to talk to him calmly. He just asked him if he wanted to play a game of 9-ball. The guy said no and went about his business. However, his business was apparently to continue staring at us. I know there wasn't a hot chick behind us because we were in the corner. So the friend decided to stare back at him. Now, before he did this, I quietly came up to him and said this, "look dude, we've know each other, and you know that if some crap went down I would get your back" he responds, "ah man, no doubt, we're cool like". Then I reminded him, "but, please don't get offended if I don't join you on this one. See, you know I kinda have to keep my record clean, if you know what i mean". He had a huge grin and said, "I totally understand".

In the end, we got it all taken care of. The guys brother came up and apologized. Apparently when the guy drinks, he stares a lot. You have to get his attention to get him to stop staring. Odd, i know.

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skippythenurse View Post
    In the end, we got it all taken care of. The guys brother came up and apologized. Apparently when the guy drinks, he stares a lot. You have to get his attention to get him to stop staring. Odd, i know.
    not sure how others feel about this, but Im thinkin that maybe this was sort of a cop out to try and take your SA away from him. I could be wrong but I would not have taken this statement for face value, I personally think they were out to do something to you, until they saw your SA way up
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

I do that when I've had a little to much... my attention gets drawn to something (poll table, hot girl, fat chick with a wart) and I just kind of stare at it... I'm not even thinking about what I'm staring at... my mind is just kind of out in space.

Luckily, I quit drinking to the point of "to much" a long time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by rangerman2003 View Post
    not sure how others feel about this, but Im thinkin that maybe this was sort of a cop out to try and take your SA away from him. I could be wrong but I would not have taken this statement for face value, I personally think they were out to do something to you, until they saw your SA way up
    It could have been. Don't get me wrong, I was on alert. But still remained cool and play pool. We ended up playing a game together and the brother was real cool. They drank of course, I told him that I have liver issues and so I couldn't drink.

BTW: what is SA?

sa= situational awareness
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCooper View Post
    sa= situational awareness
    Oh! That makes a lot of sense. Then yeah, I was aware.

Links