Wanna go swimming here?

This is a discussion on Wanna go swimming here? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wanna go swimming? http://www.break.com/index/jelly-fish-invade-lake.html...

Thread: Wanna go swimming here?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Wanna go swimming here?

For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

That would be freaky! Just watching that gave me goosebumps.
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

VIP Member
    I wouldn't mind.

Jellyfish Lake is a well-known dive site in the Pacific island of Palau. It is one of the rock islands, a series of small, rocky, uninhabited archipelagos off the coast of Koror. Jellyfish Lake is completely isolated, but in the distant past, it had an outlet to the ocean. The outlet was closed off and the high jellyfish population was isolated and started to feed on quickly-reproducing algae. Contrary to popular belief, the jellyfish of Jellyfish Lake do have small stinging cells, or nematocysts. However, because the stinging cells are so tiny, their sting is not detectable on most human tissue, so tourists can enjoy swimming with them much closer than would be possible anywhere else.

At night, the jellyfish descend into a layer of hydrogen sulfide which is found below 15-20m of depth. SCUBA diving in the lake is prohibited to avoid disturbing the jellyfish and also to reduce the risk of hydrogen sulfide poisoning.

In an episode of Survivor: Palau, as a reward for winning a reward challenge, winners got to swim in Jellyfish Lake.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

In an episode of Survivor: Palau, as a reward for winning a reward challenge, winners got to swim in Jellyfish Lake.

A reward? Lost me on that one...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I'll pass...thanks.

Links