Took the Plunge - Kinda~Sorta

This is a discussion on Took the Plunge - Kinda~Sorta within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Finally relented to the pestering by a good friend of mine today and visited him at the HD shop where he's the service manager. He's ...

Thread: Took the Plunge - Kinda~Sorta

Took the Plunge - Kinda~Sorta

Finally relented to the pestering by a good friend of mine today and visited him at the HD shop where he's the service manager. He's been after me to a certain extent to get a bike. So...I went and took a look and found one I really like. It's a 2004 Dyna with only 8500 miles on it. Has quite a few after-market items on it. I originally was interested in the Sportster, but after considering what style of riding we wanted to do, I knew the Sportster wouldn't fill the bill. Supposed to go back on Tuesday and finish up the paperwork. Here's a couple of pics (phone camera). Will post more later.

We be cruisin' now.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Nice bike, Kevin. Just be careful. We don't want you damaging those leather artist's hands.

It's been more than 25 years since I did any riding. I miss it and I don't. I miss the riding, but everytime I see some idiot watch a bike coming toward him and then pull out into the street in front of the bike, I remember why I quit.

Enjoy.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

but,but,but, how are you going to finish my holster? LOL.

Nice bike. I bet you will have fun and it's always nice to treat yourself to a presant every once in a while.

Nice Ride...

You're going to love that bike...stepping up from the Sporster is definitely worth it...
    Enjoy the ride.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

nice , but it don't got no fringe no tooled leather tank bib no hand stiched leather windscreen cover suede 'in' naturally . oh wait it don't need none that . yes evel bike stay away no leather for you !

holsters and belts kevin ! what were thinking ? a bike? you don't have time for bike riding with leather halter clad cuties snuggling up to ya . just trying to get the latest fashions for a smile and precious little else . yes evel little leather clad cuties stay away !

holsters and belts! thats were your mind needs to be kevin . man i'm glad i was here to SAVE you whew that was close . anyway what are friends for your welcome .

and if you need me.. ask the cutie on back of my scooter were we'll be .she generally has em' pointed were we're going .

LOL
    SERIOUSLLY GET BACK TO WORK ! geesh hanging round bike shops and scooter trash no wonder you all backed up .

elance
    oh and congrats

Nice bike Kevin, take a day off now and then and go ridin'! Come on up to Winter Garden and we'll go find a place to eat. Next year maybe you'll have to come to the boat.....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Brought it home yesterday. Will post some better pics soon. Am putting on a better seat and detachable sissy bar - those should be in later this week.

Got to run - have a bunch of holsters to make in order to pay for this bad boy.

When you get time we all would love to see some photos of your new bike. I bet it's a hoot to ride.

I can just see it now,,, all decked out in leather. LOL.

Administrator

Thumbs up

Congrats K! - Think of it as just another (fairly expensive) Leather Tool.

No better way to "naturally air dry" damp and dyed leather than to carefully attach it to a motorcycle and ride around with it for a while.

See NOW you can write it off as a Buisness Expense! - Leather Drying Machine.

Assistant Administrator
    I shall be envious now - as you ride thru winter and my bike goes bye-bye in the garage!

Nice ride ....... stay safe.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Nice bike, Kevin. Just be careful. We don't want you damaging those leather artist's hands.

It's been more than 25 years since I did any riding. I miss it and I don't. I miss the riding, but everytime I see some idiot watch a bike coming toward him and then pull out into the street in front of the bike, I remember why I quit.

Enjoy.
    I don't know why but I find it very easy to picture you on a motorcycle
    Pierce

"Fear is what keeps you alive but panic is what kills you" - Leo

"At contact distances, if you can't shoot him, hit him...Nothing says 'TAP' can't be accomplished by smashing the magazine into his face." - Gomez

TRAMPLE THE WEAK AND HURDLE THE DEAD

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teak View Post
    I don't know why but I find it very easy to picture you on a motorcycle
    Pierce, that's good. I don't know why either. I probably wouldn't mind riding around here, but I don't let myself get the bug.

Kevin, enjoy the ride. Always wanted a Harley, but never managed to get one. If I begin to turn green you will know why.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I take it for a ride before heading to the shop, and then again when I get home. It really is a blast to ride. The previous owner added the appropriate pipes, so it sounds awesome when you open it up a little.

My wife said no coca-cola stuff on it. I guess I'll have to wait to do that until we get her a bike of her own.

Here's a couple of pics taken with our regular camera:

I find myself chomping at the bit to get out of the shop and take a ride. There's not near the vibration, even with the low rider frame, that I remember from my earlier days of riding. I'll eventually change out the saddle bags and the HD logo on the tank (looks kind of cheesy to me). I'll post a couple of updated pics once we get the new seat and back rest put on.

Assistant Administrator
    Mustang seat Kevin - or Corbin? That'll make a big difference - mine did.

Good to be out on 2 wheels tho huh - nothing really matches that.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links