On one wing . . .

This is a discussion on On one wing . . . within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I did a number on my right arm/wrist over the weekend. Showing all the grace of a dunken water buffalo, I took a tumble ...

Thread: On one wing . . .

On one wing . . .

Well, I did a number on my right arm/wrist over the weekend. Showing all the grace of a dunken water buffalo, I took a tumble on the tennis court and broke two bones and dislocated another. Going for a surgery consult today.

I'm glad for all the left-hand shooting I've done lately, because now it'll be a necessity for a few weeks. I now realize I don't have a left-handed concealment holster, so I'll have to figure that one out. Might be a good time to pick up a J-frame for pocket carry. One-handed computer operation is really slowing my work down, and guitar playing is out of the question for a while.

I'm just glad my young bride is well-trained and well-armed, so she can protect me. Sheesh!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

2. Remove Ads

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hope your recovery is speedy.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Showing all the grace of a dunken water buffalo, ... I'm glad for all the left-hand shooting I've done lately,
    With that sort of grace I am sure ballet is out of the question. In all seriousness practice for the worst case senario is smart. I hope that you heal soon.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Lead Moderator
    In a word........ OUCH!

Heal quickly.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Get well, be well, stay well. I know what you mean about grace. I'm not anymore accident-prone than I was as a younger man... but I've found out it sure takes me longer to heal.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Ouch! Couple of years ago took two falls in a 60 day period. Broke bones in the left hand and tore labrum in left shoulder on the first one. Second time had compression fracture of the right wrist.

It was tough living those down. It does take longer for us old guys to heal.

Take care and listen to your doctor.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Sorry to hear that...I guess there's no need to buy lottery tickets this week...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks for the kind thoughts, folks!

Going in for surgery this morning. Doc says the plan is to put a titanium plate in, which will help things heal faster and get stronger sooner. I tod him to just go ahead and do the whole bionic man upgrade.

When I was in the emergency room Saturday, the nurse was former Army. That made me feel better right there. We had a good conversation following my aside comment that I was glad I practiced left-handed shooting. We then launched right into discussion of personal weapons, favorites, carry options, etc. It certainly helped my outlook. That and the fact that he and the ER doc were outstanding professionals. My daughter (who took really good care of me) got a kick out of us "guys talkin' guns", too!
    Cheers,
    Rod

I wish you a speedy recovers. Broken bones are no fun and I am still feeling the effects of some fractures in my hands from my over the handlebar trip on my mountain bike a month ago.

Take it easy and heal those bones. Good job on the weak hand shooting practice. It will come in handy now that your weak hand in your "good" hand.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Get well soon

We're all just a slip and fall from being weak-hand only for a while. Thanks for the reminder.

Did some dry-fire practice with the Ultra CDP II today. That ambi safety really makes sense now. Hope to get to the range this weekend. It's really nice to have gun-friendly family and buddies when something like this happens.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Links