Got pulled over today...

Got pulled over today...

This is a discussion on Got pulled over today... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Got pulled over today. I deserved it because I was speeding! Was running a little late for work. Anywho, the officer approached my door and ...

Thread: Got pulled over today...

Got pulled over today...

Got pulled over today. I deserved it because I was speeding! Was running a little late for work. Anywho, the officer approached my door and asked me for drivers license, blah, blah. I explained I had one on my hip with a permit, etc. The officer said, "Thanx, but I still need to see your drivers license, blah, blah". His tone was sort of a, GOOD FOR YOU, now quit wasting my time and give me what I want. The expression on his face made him look like a World Series of Poker player.

I reached into my pocket and we took care of business. He returned, I signed my citation, he wripped out my copy and handed it to me. Last few cops gave me a "Have a nice day" or "Slow down" before they said I was free to go. He didnt say a word! lol. Weirdest stop I've had yet. Most the cops in my MP unit that work here in Vegas atleast take guns away from people like us, disassemble them, and tell them to put it back togethor after they leave. Not this guy! Just wanted to share how much this cop could of cared less I was packin.

Anyone have similar experience?
    "Like a muddied spring or polluted well is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked." -Proverbs 25:26

"If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed..." -Exodus 22:2

The cops I've dealt with here in FL...Gainesville area...treat the weapons/CCW with respect and are not in a hurry to disarm you (for a calm traffic stop) as it seems it should be...
    Sounds as if you only got the 'ticket' because you were speeding...nicer not to get one, but at least he didn't hassle you over the sidearm...
    Tickets aren't so cheap anymore...sorry you had to get one; it will definitely take some or your gun fund...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Other than the fact that you got a ticket, it sounds like your traffic stop went pretty well.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

As it should be.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

I have several family members who LEOS and more of my friends are cops than not and I actually think the officer should have been a little more appreciative of your disclaimer.

LEO's, understandably so, spend great amounts of time trying preparing for the unknown that could occur at a traffic stop. Your disclaimer removed an unknown and either was a sigh of relief to him, or a "nice to know up front." He could have said "thanks for letting me know, please leave it where it is while you retrieve your license and registration.

I see it the same way as the tinted windows on my car. I darkened my windows quite a bit after I bought it. When I get pulled over, I roll down all four windows in the car, so that the officer has the best view possible. I want him to feel more safe, for his peace of mind. Yes there is a selffish reason too, I prefer not to look down the barrel of his gun when he isn't quite sure what is going on in my car. But as I see it, it benefits us both.
    I would hope they would appreciate my concern.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddae52 View Post
    Last few cops gave me a "Have a nice day" or "Slow down" before they said I was free to go.
    Problem with your speedometer? How often do you get pulled over?

lol! Don't get pulled over too often. Drive an F-150 with a V6 so I'm not the speed demon type. This is my 2nd speeding ticket in 7 years. Pulled over twice and given a warning other than the ticket stops. I think my spedometer is fine. Truck is an '05.

I've been on a few ride-alongs with some Metro cops and sometimes they're just trying to get free'd up to catch a better or more convenient call for service. I wasn't hassled bout my CCW so I'm happy with the outcome. Thanx for everyones feedback. :)
    "Like a muddied spring or polluted well is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked." -Proverbs 25:26

"If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed..." -Exodus 22:2

Sponsored Links