right I said right not left!

This is a discussion on right I said right not left! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; right ..... I SAID RIGHT NOT LEFT ! ! tankwreck.jpg...

Thread: right I said right not left!

Talking right I said right not left!

right ..... I SAID RIGHT NOT LEFT ! !
    tankwreck.jpg
    “The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.” Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

1943 - 2009
    Oopsie!

Bumper and dr cmg are both former tankers.

Wait til they see this!

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Senior Moderator
    Oh wow.. That driver is probably having a VERY BAD day after that.... poor guy.

Senior Moderator
    WOW...Ill bet that HURT.

I hope they didnt bend that barrel....
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I wonder if that guy knows he's standing under that track block, the one just hanging over his head?

Unless the driver ignored his TC's directions that is on the Tank Commander, not the driver.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

VIP Member
    I am a former tanker and it hurts me to see that. I'm sure it's not as unusual as I would like to think it is. I was assigned as Tank Commander in a training exercise at Ft. Knox during officer basic and my driver, who was a regular driver for an armor unit there, came within about 6 inches of dropping an M60 tank and us over the side of a ravine. It was one of those heart in your mouth moments. He just did not see that the right track was almost completely off the side of the rock edge of the ravine. Neither did the rest of the crew until he suddenly turned left. We all looked quickly and also felt the tank start to lean to the right. Fortunately he was a very good driver and betweent the turn and some very expertly applied power we pulled away from disaster. The tank smelled of something other than hydraulic fluid for a while though. I can assure you that no one complained of the smell though.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I think this driver is getting a 'ticket'...where's SIXTO when you need him!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

In the early 80's I was a navy corpsman stationed with the 1st Tank Bn at Camp Pendleton. One night we had an M-60 drive right off a small cliff and tumble into a ravine landing upside down.

The tank commander and loader were sitting out of their hatches and were killed. The gunner was banged up and the driver had burns from leaking batteries. I remember the gun tube was slightly bent but, other than that, you couldn't tell the tank had even been damaged.

Senior Moderator
    I know some one who sank a tank a Fort Knox. His nick name became Skipper
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

It would be funny to call a tow truck to ask for assistance pulling a vehicle that went off the road & see his face when he sees the job. :)
    My Blog: Dustin's Gun Blog

Memberships: NRA USCCA SAF GOA AZCDL NWSA

According to the National Safety Council, we are more likely to die in a bicycle accident or plane crash than an accidental gun shooting. We should ban bicycles & planes before banning guns.

I wish I could find my Pics from when I was at carson. I was in 3/68th armor. There is this one hill that they have to go up to get to the gunnery range, that in winter turns an M1A1 into a giant bobsled.
    Always made me glad I drove a HEMIT
    “The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.” Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I know some one who sank a tank a Fort Knox. His nick name became Skipper
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de8vL1QMQLg
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

The driver swerved to miss a deer. He'd forgotten his deer tag at home and didn't want to lose his hunting license!
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    The driver swerved to miss a deer. He'd forgotten his deer tag at home and didn't want to lose his hunting license!
    See, therein lies the problem. You're driving a 70 ton vehicle. If the deer doesn't know better, then oh well. It's like driving a jet ski through Norfolk harbor - there's always something the size of a city about to run you over.

Links