The wife still loves me....sniff

This is a discussion on The wife still loves me....sniff within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Spent ALL day in the thriving metropolis of J'vill, FL today........my daughters had some school thingy to attend, the wife assisted the daughters for a ...

Spent ALL day in the thriving metropolis of J'vill, FL today........my daughters had some school thingy to attend, the wife assisted the daughters for a little while and then went shopping....without me.....alone with the debit card.......

I retreated to the range and put lead downrange into bullseyes with VISA sharpied in 'em..........

500 rounds later she picks me up and we proceed to the event our girls have scheduled. During the time we have after arriving but before the thing starts my wife showes me some of the clothes she's purchased.....for me. The shirts were good looking enough, and plenty loose. "I thought about what you really like and also what would look good AND hide your 'buddy'......You print sometimes in the light colored polo's you like so I got you a few darker shirts in these fall colors......".

She actually thought of the 'concelment factor' WRT my 'fashion'........and even used the word "print".

I keep trying to get her to the range with me but no joy. My wife really isn't too keen on her carrying herself, but she even confessed today she likes the idea of me being armed and takes comfort in my being around when I have my "buddy" with me.

She's comming around......maybe I'll start dropping hints about the Springfield Armory or Kimber I'd like to see under the tree come Christmas?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Assistant Administrator
    Love it when the spouses can at very least be thinking for us re cover garments etc. My wife has several times spotted stuff and said just that - ''it'll make good cover''.

She is very much overdue for range time - she will at least do that once I fix up a day. But ....... as for regular carry - still work to do there. I pointed out last week about some armed robberies approx in our area and maybe that will have extra effect.

Trouble is too she is still purse carry and I want to get her belt/rig oriented. I keep trying - with the kid gloves
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

smo
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    I retreated to the range and put lead downrange into bullseyes with VISA sharpied in 'em..........
    Dave Ramsey would be proud....

I sent a text message to my wife when I found out I my permit came in the mail. She wrote "That makes me hot for you". Just thought I would share. Did I mention she is getting her nerve up to take the class and get her own permit?

Rossman......don't , not yet. Lemme bask in my moment just a second longer.

Your wife's cool
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Moderator
    Very cool.

Today at work, a colleague was teasing me about my shopping.

He said, "When most girls drag their significant others to the changing room they come out going, 'Does this make my butt look big?' I bet when you drag your husband to the dressing room you come out saying, 'Does my gun print in this?'"

I started laughing and said, "You have no idea how right you are."

There were about three other employees standing around and my manager and we all busted out laughing.

I haven't gone without my gun in so long I don't know what it feels like to be without it (probably strange).

Keep working on her, she may come around.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Shoot You'll have to keep her happy...she's a keeper.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Rossman View Post
    I sent a text message to my wife when I found out I my permit came in the mail. She wrote "That makes me hot for you". Just thought I would share. Did I mention she is getting her nerve up to take the class and get her own permit?
    In your case, I would strongle recommend getting permits from many other states...

Nothing worse than living with a 'ranting'woman...whatever the reason, but there's nothing better than living with one who makes you feel like a
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

See if you can get her to check out the www.corneredcat,com website. Check it out yourself and you will see why. You will be surprised at how good a site it is, especially for women.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Links