Dumb, stupid, moronic...AGHHH!!!!

Dumb, stupid, moronic...AGHHH!!!!

This is a discussion on Dumb, stupid, moronic...AGHHH!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This just happened now.... I am TICKED OFF! My room/office/relaoding station/library/etc faces the front of the house with a corresponding window that faces south. When ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb, stupid, moronic...AGHHH!!!!

VIP Member

Angry Dumb, stupid, moronic...AGHHH!!!!

This just happened now.... I am TICKED OFF!
    My room/office/relaoding station/library/etc faces the front of the house with a corresponding window that faces south. When we moved in, I got that silver 3M film on the glass to reflect the heat and it also gave me the added advantage that nobody can see inside during the daytime. But me being me, I added a blind just to add to the visual blockage while catching some natural daylight.

I am done reading & replying Lima's account of the Orange Wilson when I catch movement outside the window. I look up and I see a guy with a plastic supermarket bag just walking slowly, checking out at my truck then coming towards the window and squinting to look inside. I go Uh-Oh and reach for the Rossi Snubbie while keeping an eye on this idiot. Next thing he does is back away from the window an goes to my front door. I lose visual on him and I am wondering if he is some sort of very dumb salesman while I wait to hear a knock on my front door. I don't hear a knock but I do hear the noise of somebody touching/probbing the door knob. I get up, Snubbie in hand and get my cell phone ready to call 911 as I peek through the peephole in time to see the Idiot walking away to the next house. I put the cell phone down, check the peephole once more and seeing nothing, I open the door.

The guy was leaving advertising pamphlets for a pizza outlet hanging from the damn doorknobs!
    I have no idea why he did what he did (Checking out the truck & window) but I wenbt ahead and called the pizza joint and told the manager what happened and asked him to tell this moron to do his job and not to excercise his eyeballs trying to see inside people's houses.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

eek. This guy probably makes min. wage or less (paid per ad delivered) and may be casing places while he's at it. It's a pretty good cover. Hope I'm wrong.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    eek. This guy probably makes min. wage or less (paid per ad delivered) and may be casing places while he's at it. It's a pretty good cover. Hope I'm wrong.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Double-check your locks for a while.

VIP Member
    Will do guys.... Actually since I have to go out, I am gonna pay a visit to the pizza parlor, speak directly with the manager and give him another piece of my mind with the added bonus that I am suspecting that his employee was casing the neighborhood and if I hear of any house being hit, I'll make a call to the cops and let them know his business is linked to the crime.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Assistant Administrator
    Ditto here too - that is a near perfect cover for someone casing joints - either for himself or someone else.

Sure would have had me decidedly ''interested'' - and ''fidgety".
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    Plus one on talking to the manager.

I don't think that peeping is normal behavior
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Moderator
    Or... he's just relishing having something to do OTHER than be in the Pizza place and he's taking advantage of getting out of REAL work for awhile.

Granted, that doesn't mean he should be peering into people's windows and such.

Good move on calling the manager and complaining. He'll probably get a slap on the wrist for that one and not be sent on the next fun trip to distribute fliers.

Good move Miggy...very observant!

I have a neighbor who watches for these types of people...such as salesmen, magazine sellers, etc. Almost 6 months ago there was a white van with several guys selling magazine subscriptions(?) and walking door to door. The van was slowly following the sales department down the street.
    My neighbor came out with his camera and took a picture of one of the guys and then walked out to the van and took a couple of pics of the van (plate included). The 'salesmen' went to the van and immediately left the sub...never returned...think they were REALLY selling magazines?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If he's looking in vehicles and windows he is casing the neighborhood. Maybe just looking for that easy target to pawn some items.

I think you did just right about going to the manager.

If he were at my house, the dogs would have been barking like crazy. I'm pretty sure the dogs will keep any looky-loos from coming back.

He was looking around and planning a return trip when he wasn't on the clock, IMO.

Stay extra sharp for a while and be sure to tell your wife what happened so she is on her toes in case you're not always there when she is. Talking to the manager about it - it will get back to the guy, and he'll know he was seen by one of the people who's house he was casing, and that they know how to find him again - good idea.

If it had been me, just for fun, when he tried to look in the window, I would have hit it kinda hard and screamed at him. Bet he would have had to run by his house and change pants before returning to work.

Absolutely he was casing the neighborhood. My first impression was that he was using his "job" as an opportunity to legitimately have reason to fool around with front doorknobs and determine who left them unlocked. Most pizza/takeout places around me, when they leave fliers, usually either place them at the mailbox behind the flag, or slipped in between the door and frame. The fact that he was messing with the door knob raises suspicion as to the validity of what he was doing.
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

VIP Member
    We have a Kirby training center a couple doors down from us, and like magic, the amount of vehicle break-ins in the parking lot go up every time they're there. My coworkers have been hit several times already. Broad daylight, too.

I've heard about thugs taking jobs like door-to-door vacuum cleaner sales just to peek at people's houses for future burglaries.

As for leaving pamphlets at everybody's door, you should do what my husband did - remove them as he places them. The hubby did that to a couple fanatical religious types leaving "the Pope is the Antichrist" type literature in our neighborhood, so they told him he was going to Hell.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    OK, I just sent this to their Main business email.

Dear Sirs:
    Yesterday I was home around noon when I saw a man with a plastic bag approach my home. This man proceeded to check out my truck parked in front of my house and then tried to peek inside my house through a window. He then proceeded to leave a printed paper with the advertisement of your restaurant jammed in the doorjamb of my front door.
    I was able to see this because the window this man tried to peek in has a reflective film to repel sunlight and you cannot see at all if the sun is bright but allows anybody in the inside to look out.

I am sure you will understand that the behavior exhibited by this man is suspicious and has made me uneasy about the security of my family, my house & the neighborhood. It may be nothing but I am a cautious person by nature so, shortly after sending this email, I am planning to go to our local Miami Dade PD District Station and notify them about what happened. I though the least I could do was to let you know that somebody might be using your business as front or excuse for his nefarious purposes and that you can act accordingly.

I am including pictures of the pamphlet left at my house. As you can see, the Miramar location was circled in red ink and it corresponds to the area where I live.

Yours:
    M. G.
    NW Miami
    This is one of the pics

And I'll be on my way to the PD in an hour or so.
    Randy Cain.

mmmm, cheesecake, flan and chocolate cake.

I mean, uh, good going Miggy on the follow-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    If it had been me, just for fun, when he tried to look in the window, I would have hit it kinda hard and screamed at him. Bet he would have had to run by his house and change pants before returning to work.
    A perfect time to rack the ol' pump action scatter gun. Of course, even better would have been to have a video camera to get some vidence, and most of all, to record the look on his face when he heard the 12 gauge being racked.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links