Bad name for LEOs

Bad name for LEOs

This is a discussion on Bad name for LEOs within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just saw this on the news and I was disgusted. I'm sorry for all the good LEOs that are out there because what this ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad name for LEOs

Exclamation Bad name for LEOs

I just saw this on the news and I was disgusted. I'm sorry for all the good LEOs that are out there because what this cop in St. George, MO did. What would he have done if this kid was CCW?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2117793977759&

Posted to Google 9/8/07

Disgusting. Thats all I have to say about that.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a
    large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

bad bad bad. He's all nice after he found out the guy has a camera in the car. what a loser.

Administrator
    Bad name for ignorant kids too. They both sounded like morons.

I also have a very hard time buying that the verbal encounter started as shown.
    "Just blame Sixto"

He just about pegged the needle on the "Bad Cop Meter".

I dunno... I think I'll just keep my comments to myself.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I know the reaction of most reasonable law enforcement is that "there must have been something else". You have to accept that there may NOT have been something else. Majority of L.E.O. are good and reasonable people, but just like in any group, there are a few who do get out of hand and act disgracefully. This guy seems to be one. Bullying and misusing his authority. He is one of the minority that gives a bad name to the majority. I really hope he is caught and stopped before he does something really bad.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I majored in Criminal Justice in college and had a bunch of LEOs in my classes over the years picking up their degrees. 99.9% were great guys. The other .1% seemed to be the guys who got picked on and bullied trough school and life and now were trying to exact revenge. This jerk seems to be one of the .1%.

Lead Moderator
    With seeing only what one side wants you to see, it is hard to draw too many conclusions. The Kid seems like he was looking for a argument, and the officer was wayyyyy overboard with his comments and attitude.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Even if the kid was being a jerk, a LEO must always keep his calm until it is necessary to take it to the next level. From what you can hear in the video, it wasn't time for the next level.

What really concerns me was the comments about making up whatever charge he wanted to.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Senior Moderator
    This looks like the kid was trying to set up the Cop.

The cop was to easily baited so they both are idiots in my book.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    With seeing only what one side wants you to see, it is hard to draw too many conclusions. The Kid seems like he was looking for a argument, and the officer was wayyyyy overboard with his comments and attitude.
    What!
    IMHO
    I don't see how you can not draw conclusions by what is on this video. This cop is a 'bad cop'. He relishes exhibiting power and control over what he considers weak, inferior sheeple. He was totally out of line with his threats when none were warranted. I can only wonder how many others he has abused in his 20 year or so career.
    I wonder if his chief of police ended up seeing this video and if he could even atttempt to defend this cops actions.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Jeebus! "My job is to be p'd off" wow!

I'm so happy I've never met an officer like this. He had no reason to stop this guy, no reason to threaten him, and was completely unprofessional the entire time. Even if there was a personal history or some previous incident, it's the officer's job to be professional and reasonable. This guy was neither.

Power tripping LEO's lose all respect with me. These are not the people we want enforcing our laws.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    He had no reason to stop this guy,
    Thats the only line I disagree with.
    "Just blame Sixto"

How many people do you know who ride around with cameras rolling? (outside of LEO's of course) Judging by the fact that it was facing forward and could not actually see the confrontation and leading only to audio capture, it is somewhat suspicious. While I do believe that the way the situation was handled by that particular LEO was over the top, the video cannot show any sort of visual clues as to what the "victim" did to set it off. There could be any number of things done that would not show up on the video that could lend toward a harder line than normal being used by the LEO. If even as simple as an exaggerated rolling of the eyes. Some of the things said just struck me completely wrong (especially the parts about making up things to charge the guy with) but in the end, I think this guy got exactly what he was after. This whole scenario was done as a set up and he happened to find the one LEO who would willingly go to that level.
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links