How hopeless is this guy?

This is a discussion on How hopeless is this guy? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So my buddy, (the same one who told me not to bring a gun, but to bring a knife for bears HERE ) took his ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So my buddy, (the same one who told me not to bring a gun, but to bring a knife for bears HERE) took his wife away for a nice romantic weekend. When I asked him how it went he said it was terrible.

Some drunk guy first wouldn't leave their table and kept hitting on his wife (right in front of him) at the hotel restaraunt. Then the guy follows them to their room. My buddy said he was scared and thought they were gonna be robbed (just robbed? really?). He dutifully takes no action such as getting management to remove the guy. Sadly, he still sees no use for a gun (or pepper spray, even). What would I do with it? He asks. My friend, if you still have to ask, you're right. You don't need one.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar

Spinless

I really don't have any suggestions.

A man that will not stand up for his wife or himself in a situation like this will never "get it". His wife married a spineless amoeba. He needs some balls not a gun.

Self preservaton cannot be taught.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    I really don't have any suggestions.

A man that will not stand up for his wife or himself in a situation like this will never "get it". His wife married a spineless amoeba. He needs some balls not a gun.

Self preservaton cannot be taught.
    AMEN............
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Those who choose to be sheep will in all situations remain true to their misguided convictions. Although many sheep will bleet for help when confronted by a stressful and dangerous situation.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

guys lucky....it coulda been lots worse.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Lead Moderator
    Yup, some people just will never get self reliance. I would take a lot of verbal crap from someone, but don't mess with my significant others.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by Old Chief View Post
    Those who choose to be sheep will in all situations remain true to their misguided convictions. Although many sheep will bleet for help when confronted by a stressful and dangerous situation.
    +1
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

Perhaps if he just offerred his wife to the guy he would be left alone... That seems one of the only options open given his inability to do anything constructive.

Yep, no advice needed because it would be useless anyway. I've never met a veteran (Army Guard) with his head so far in the sand. He plays a mean game of chess, though.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Question oh man!

Thats pretty pathetic. I mean, guys hit on my wife on occasion, its not a very big deal. A. She's really good looking so its kind of a compliment to me. B. I'm huge and upon letting them know their futile efforts are no longer humerous they go away. No harm no foul. Heck, every once in a while they offer to buy her a drink, she says she wants an extra one and I get free beer out of the deal.

I cant beleive this guy would not stand up for himself though. Grow a pair man! sheeeesh!
    Cheers,

Johnny Rebel

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The guy may be beyond help, but it's also possible that he has serious self-image problems and doesn't think of himself as capable of standing up to a situation like that.

It's a very common problem among women when dealing with angry men, but less common among men. He might benefit from a confidence builder like a fighting-oriented martial art.

88m
    Yep, no advice needed because it would be useless anyway. I've never met a veteran (Army Guard) with his head so far in the sand. He plays a mean game of chess, though.
    . He might benefit from a confidence builder like a fighting-oriented martial art.
    He was National Guard would think Basic would have taken care of that.

Some people just are what they are ya know.
    “The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.” Jeff Cooper

Administrator
    Born to be a victim.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Anybody wonder what his Vet buddies would think if they had seen him act the way he did? But they would have put a stop to it, if they were there.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Wonder if the guy would have been coming after him instead of his wife if he would have "just taken it'
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links