I am a bullet

I am a bullet

This is a discussion on I am a bullet within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am still in file digging mode and have found another two I'll post - both were written by me some time ago - and ...

Thread: I am a bullet

Assistant Administrator

I am a bullet

I am still in file digging mode and have found another two I'll post - both were written by me some time ago - and probably need re-written but I'll throw them in unchanged.

This one I wrote when thinking of fate, destiny and things gun oriented.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM A BULLET

I am but one of millions ....... and made to exacting specifications. For me this is .30 caliber or .308 diameter.

I am initially no more than a lead body, encased in a copper jacket that has the tip missing, and theoretically know nothing of my mission, being little more than an inert object. I will eventually be placed in a cartridge, atop a charge of propellant powder ..... which when initiated will propel me out of a gun somewhat in excess of Mach 2.

However, in fact my fate is sealed, even before I am fired. I may even have, in effect, a name written on me.

You see, through a long chain of destined events, I may become the projectile that might just decide something as critical as the fate of a nation.

Imagine - that out of all the hundreds, or even thousands of rounds available to a would be assassin, my cartridge is eventually the one that is selected. A random choice it seems but .. once the choice was made, it was in effect always going to be thus. It was ''written''.

So, no hole in a piece of paper for me. No, my destiny may be way beyond that.

Of course I look like all my kind - we are but clones one of the other. But my role is different, determined by the choice of man - a choice for good or for evil. The result of my brief journey when it comes, and ultimate destruction, is not in my control but in that of the user and the fact that when I impact a living being I will expand and mame or kill, is likewise no ''decision'' of mine. I am but a tool.

But, if I do have a name metaphorically ''written'' on me, I can change history ....... and that for me, as just one of millions, is destiny. It is predetermined even as I am manufactured.

Wonder which of my ''brothers'' also carries a name?

It's a sobering thought isn't it?

P95 2002
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Assistant Administrator

I am a Gun

Oops - meant to make a new post of another file of mine. Hit reply in error.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sponsored Links