Strange dream.....

This is a discussion on Strange dream..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A little bit of background first. I live across the street from a large park. Lots of trees, you could almost call it forested. It's ...

Thread: Strange dream.....

Strange dream.....

A little bit of background first. I live across the street from a large park. Lots of trees, you could almost call it forested. It's about 12 acres or so. Closes at dusk and is posted for such, but people often walk through on their way to wherever.

So the other night, I dream that Willie Nelson is in the neighborhood watch, and I have to go have a talk with him. Seems he's shooting at people for walking through the park after dusk.
    So, I tell him he can't do that, and he tells me adamantly that people don't belong in the park after dusk. We argued back and forth for awhile, and then I woke up....

Anybody else have really odd, nonsense dreams?
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

2. Remove Ads

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Welcome to my world.

The one thing that I always discuss with my wife is the size and vistas of my dreams.

I once walked into a ballroom so wide and deep that it required perspective. My dog Sasha talks. Supposedly impossible for a man due to differences in his rods and cones, I dream in color (sometimes). Every mundane object in my dreams has incredible detail.

And one really odd thing.

I dream this over and over. I get into a car with an automatic transmission and put it into reverse. It accelerates wildly going backwards and the brakes don't work.

Strangely, famous people play minor roles. I often pass them on the sidewalk playing 'extras.' Ya know, just once you'd think I'd be toting* Beyonce' on my bike.

*toting. That's the wrong slang word, but considering decorum I re-wrote the sentence.

The latest biker slang term is '*****,' a probable derivitive from prison slang, i.e., "one with lesser status."

For example, if one biker needs a ride and agrees to go with a friend, he might say, "No prob, I'll *****," or "I'll play *****."

Ya know, I've really come to admire people who speak several languages. It's hard sometimes to portray the correct thought, even in slang, if you use the words that much. Could you see the looks on the faces of my friends if I said, "Perhaps one of you good lads from the circle of my in-crowd could convey me as a passenger to some rustic ale establishment as I'm, at the moment, devoid of transportation."

It's just easier to say, "I'm thirsty, ***** me."

Administrator

Thumbs up Good Tourist

You Could Say:
    Perhaps One Of You Fine Biker Blokes Could ***** My A$$ To The Local Ale Establishment...I'm Quite Thirsty And I Am Devoid Of Immediate Transportation."

That would be a nice compromise.

DC Founder
    Not sure about my "rods and cones" but I always dream in color. In fact I don't think I have ever dreamed in black and white. I have dream that progress night after night. Sorta like watching a 10 part movies or a television series. Some of them are offbeat, some of them are so real I could swear they really happened. If I get up in the night for a drink or bathroom visit I can usually come back and pick up where I left off.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

yeah, I don't ever recall dreaming in black and white, either.
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Assistant Administrator
    Fjol' - dreams fascinate me - always have. I certainly dream in color and all my senses seem functional - I smell smells, and hear stuff too.

Biggest darned frustration is managing to ''capture'' the dream material - within seconds on waking the main substance has evaporated and yet I ''know'' the dream was interesting. But I like to analyze and so this really annoys me when retrieval fails.

Here is how odd things can get - remembered a bit of dream other day and related to my wife ... I had been showing someone a record length hair growing out of my left nipple - 12" type long - I was all ready to measure accurately and then claim a record with Guinness - but woke up!!! Bizarre or what?

Strangely - very rare that I have gun or shooting dreams - tho have experienced one or two of the ''gun heavy as lead'' and ''trigger pull is 150 lbs'' types - once or twice.

I am thankful that for most part my dream material is pretty benign, if bizarre ..... but wish to heck I could ''video it'' for later analysis!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist

And one really odd thing.

I dream this over and over. I get into a car with an automatic transmission and put it into reverse. It accelerates wildly going backwards and the brakes don't work.
    I too have that dream many times. The car is going backwards and I am pressing on the break like crazy and nothing happens, I wake up with a cramp in my leg. Beats the hell out me why this happens.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Links