AWAT: Four kids case woman then steal her purse

This is a discussion on AWAT: Four kids case woman then steal her purse within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Four kids case woman then steal her purse. Four juveniles case a woman at the petrol pumps in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.One of them steals the ...

Thread: AWAT: Four kids case woman then steal her purse

Four kids case woman then steal her purse.
    Four juveniles case a woman at the petrol pumps in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.One of them steals the woman's purse.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8dd_1190062451

---

This was a crime of opportunity.
    They walked up, saw an opportunity, the mark was easy prey, and they on the spot developed a plan of action.

The woman/mark should have locked her doors to start or at the very least had the passenger door locked. There was zero reason to have it unlocked.
    As well she took waaaayyyy too long fiddling around pumping her gas. Get in and get out.
    As long as she took one could have filled the tank of a semi and she was only driving a Saturn. Ridiculous.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Agreed, doors should have been locked. Agreed, she took too long to take care of business.

She made it worse, too, by (apparently) going after them. Understandable impulse, certainly. But very risky.

Even so, the mantle of wrongful behavior here rests squarely on the shoulders of the scum that stole from her.

Nothing else I could say about them would be legally defensible, so I will keep those thoughts to myself.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Totally oblivious to potential threats. The gas pump is a prime location for this type of thing. Not at all unusual here. I've sent this link to a number of friends. Thanks, Janq.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I just finished driving across the country and I was even worried about people trying to siphon gas out of the tank I just pumped while I went to get the change. You'd better believe I locked the doors! These kids have it coming if they ever try this one someone other than a poor little old lady.

Austin

Links