Loss of an Icon.

This is a discussion on Loss of an Icon. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was bored today so I thought I would go look at guns and ammo. So I jump in my care and head to 'G.I. ...

Thread: Loss of an Icon.

Loss of an Icon.

I was bored today so I thought I would go look at guns and ammo.
    So I jump in my care and head to 'G.I. Joe's'.

Oh the shock to find that when I get there that 'G.I. Joe's' no longer exist. it is just 'Joe's'. It seems that the P.C. anti military has struck again. All the signage and tags say Joe's, the only thing with the old name are the shopping bags. The prices have gone up, I suppose to pay for all the changes.

So, I fugure that since I was there I might as well look around. I went to the Isle where they used to have used Military ammo cans. None there, they did have "sportsman cans" that resembled the ammo cans, but they were plastic and twice the price of the real thing.

It seems that nearly everything of a military nature has been removed or replaced with a more P.C. item.

They did still have surplus military ammo but the price has gone up, but then ammo prices are going up everywhere.

It seems as if all the G.I. surplus and Military Surplus stores are just surplus stores.

Now the last Icon has gone that way too. Joes just dosn't have its flavor anymore.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Do you think it's because "media" or others have made being connected with the military puts you in a bad light? They did that in the Vietnam era, and I hope it's not happening to our people in the military now.

Senior Moderator
    Do you think it's because "media" or others have made being connected with the military puts you in a bad light?
    No. Military folks are some of the only sane ones left.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    No. Military folks are some of the only sane ones left.
    I totally agree, that if politicians and media would stay away from things that they don't really know a lot about or just want to make a name for themselves things would be a whole lot better. But still doesn't answer as to why G.I.JOE is only Joe now. I hope this is not a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    I was bored today so I thought I would go look at guns and ammo.
    So I jump in my care and head to 'G.I. Joe's'.

Oh the shock to find that when I get there that 'G.I. Joe's' no longer exist. it is just 'Joe's'. It seems that the P.C. anti military has struck again. All the signage and tags say Joe's, the only thing with the old name are the shopping bags. The prices have gone up, I suppose to pay for all the changes.
    I heard they changed their name because some people thought they were just a surplus store. I can understand that. I don't see them as anti-military, hell they give military a 10% discount across the board.
    Hoplophile

Links