When it rains, it pours....

This is a discussion on When it rains, it pours.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, as I've written in several posts, this hasn't been a great year for me. Lost my job in February, a week later came down ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When it rains, it pours....

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

When it rains, it pours....

Well, as I've written in several posts, this hasn't been a great year for me. Lost my job in February, a week later came down with a serious illness that caused me to be hospitalized 3 times for a total of something like 23-24 days in 6 weeks, on IV antibiotics at home for 3 months, had to declare bankruptcy, totaled my car, etc.

My previous employer tried to keep me from getting unemployment, and my benefits were denied. I filed an appeal, and since the reasons the company used to fire me were ridiculous, I won the appeal. I've been looking for work since June, and there hasn't been much out there in my field. I was offered a job a couple of months ago in the medical department of the county jail that was to start part time and go full time at the first opening. But, I never heard anything more from them. I called twice and left messages, and sent 3 emails, none of which were returned. Well, I finally found a job in a local clinic.

I start 10/1, and I'm looking forward to it. It will be nice not to be perpetually broke, and I'm tired of sitting on my butt all day. Then, to to it off, I got a call last week to go by the jail and pick up the paperwork for my urine test, so I can get my ID. I was shocked, since I haven't heard anything from them since June. I went ahead and took the test (I'm waiting to hear from the lab, since the test will light up like a Christmas tree for narcs-legal, of course, since I have chronic pain from severe arthritis and spinal stenosis). I've sent them an email to let them know that I've accepted another job, but if they still want me part time, I'll do it. Heck, if a full time opening is available, I would take that instead of the other, as it pays more.

To top it off, I've just been called for an interview with a company that I sent a C.V. to before. So, I've gone from no one wanting me, to multiple places. But at least I have a job. Now, I can start working toward that Socom II that I've been looking at. But most of all, I'm finally employed.
    Last edited by P95Carry; September 24th, 2007 at 10:09 AM. Reason: split to para's

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Lord, Squawker, Just reading your post makes me feel better already! Sorry for the bad breaks. Reminds me of the old saw, "Other than than, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the show?"

let it rain, let it rain...

This type of rain you never want to stop. Hope everything works out for you. Good Luck
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

VIP Member
    Well,I sure hope that Good Rain keeps falling for ya...good luck!

Senior Moderator
    Hope you like your new jobs
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Looks like things are starting to look up for you.

Hang in there buddy. We'll keep praying for your good fortune.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Assistant Administrator
    Wow - what a year of troubles

Amazing tho as now, that things can and have turned around for you, which is great news. It never fails to irk me that so many companies to whom people apply, sit on it with no feedback over time, then suddenly make contact with a ''can you start tomorrow'' kinda deal. As if folks sit waiting for ever!!!

Best of luck with what will hopefully be the chance to get right back on your feet.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Glad things have turned around. Good luck with the new job(s).
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Best of luck for the future
    The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding cititzens should also have guns.Otherwise they will win and the decent people will loss.''
    -James Earl Jones.

VIP Member
    If you get rained on this is the kind you want. Hope that which ever job you take it is perfect for you.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Thanks for the kind words, gang. Now, as of today, I've gone from no jobs to 2 jobs. The jail said that they were happy to have me as a PRN person, that they can call when they need help. And, when a full time opening comes up, I'll get if if I want it. I'll start training on Wednesday, so i get to earn money this week. So, looks like Friday I'll get my last unemployment check. Tomorrow, I have to rent a car for a month or three, so I have tansportation until I can buy one. While it costs to rent a car, I'll still be able to save money to add to the insurance check. I'll either by a later odel used car than planned, or, if things work out, possibly even a new car. Looks like the storm cluds are finally starting to move away, and I can see a little sun. I'm going to be praying, though, that I'm not just moving into the "eye" of the storm.

Dang, you have had a bad year. I'm glad things are getting better for you!
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

damn, good luck!! about time the tide turns for you!!

Good luck to you and God Bless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links