probably been discussed before but shooter a good movie

This is a discussion on probably been discussed before but shooter a good movie within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; worth a rental. plot synopsis Mark Whalberg plays a marine sniper while on a mission sponsered by the cia in somila his spotter gets killed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

worth a rental. plot synopsis Mark Whalberg plays a marine sniper while on a mission sponsered by the cia in somila his spotter gets killed and he is left to extract himself. flash forward 3 years embittered and living in the rockies hes is visited by a Col working for the CIA he is asked to help protect the POTUS by doping out how a sniper could assinate the Pres from a mile away. the assination takes place and he is framed for it. The bulk of the movie is how this plays out. Implausable but fun action but a clancy like plot. recomended thumbs up.

Bad Guy: "I'm a United States Senator!"

Good Guy: "Exactly" BANG! right in the face.

You've gotta love it. This is the only movie I've ever seen where the good guy actually kills ALL of the bad guys. Normally there's a seen at the end where the bad guy are all being arrested. The problem with that is that they'll be out in a week. Anyway, I agree excellent movie!
    "I'd rather have my gun and not need it, than need it and not have it"

I highly recommend it as entertainment.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

I just wish he would stop "working the bolt" for every shot he takes with his large caliber (.50?) semi auto rifle in the early scene with the helicopter.

Normally it is people racking a slide constantly for no reason, this guy has a desire to turn a semi into a bolt.

yeah but it is cinematic to see him do that. it is a cheyanne sniper rifle I saw it on future weapons shoe before I saw the movie it is a dedicated sniper rifle accurate to long ranges has new caliber .408 comes with its own pda with ballistic calculator.
    Anybody know if the computer accuated sniper rifle is hollywood or if it is real?

The Chey-Tac is the real deal - they've got a website if you're super rich or like to daydream check it out www.cheytac.com

The book by Stephen Hunter called "Point of Impact" is what the movie is based off of - as usual, the book is better than the movie, but the movie was pretty good.

Austin

yes I know about the chey tech but what about the other rifle in themovie? It was supposed to be a tripod mounted .50 with sensors hooked up to a camera site with presumed wireless transmitter to a a computer. I guess for a high risk situationyou could infiltrate get extarcted and snipe but would not have to evade in "hot" situation. I read a great sci fi novel that had a billgates character getting shot using a similar system

chey tac

I like the movie. A little unbelievable at time, but good entertainment
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

I liked the movie too but have a question about that anti-American clown Danny Glover. (Boy I wish he wasn't in the move, I hate that my money goes to people like him.) Anyway, was there something wrong with his mouth? He looked like he had a retainer in and was slurring his words.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I think he was trying to do some kinda schtick for his character... annoying, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo93 View Post
    living in the rockies
    Was a good movie, bought it on DVD. Actually he was living in the Appalachian Mountains (Smokies in Tennessee). See my signature. This is what he said to the Fed agent, that helped him out, when they returned back to his cabin.
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

"You don't understand. They killed my dog."

Fine entertainment indeed.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

EW3
    It almost sounded like Danny Glover had a stroke or something, he was slurring his words so much. I can't find any reference on the web about him having one, though. Anyone think the same thing?
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Lead Moderator
    I guess the movie was O.K. I tire of the same old hollywierd bullet thru the scope stuff and such though. Overall the movie was decent, however the books are better.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Glover was weraing some kind of braces or other device in his mouth. Either for the movie or some other reason but it did make him sound a little funny.

I agree, a good movie. I like Mark Walburg, I think he is a much better actor than a singer, if he ever sang. I have liked him in a few other movies I would recommend for entertainment value. 4 Brothers is one. I pretty good movie with lot's of shoot 'em up stuff. I also liked Boogie Nights. He did a very good job of acting in that one.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links