Sword-Weilding Drunk Man Attacks Home-Owner

This is a discussion on Sword-Weilding Drunk Man Attacks Home-Owner within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.wisn.com/news/14185547/detail.html Victim Loses Finger During Attack POSTED: 5:42 pm CDT September 23, 2007 UPDATED: 10:40 pm CDT September 23, 2007 MILWAUKEE -- A drunk samurai ...

Thread: Sword-Weilding Drunk Man Attacks Home-Owner

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar

Sword-Weilding Drunk Man Attacks Home-Owner

http://www.wisn.com/news/14185547/detail.html

Victim Loses Finger During Attack

POSTED: 5:42 pm CDT September 23, 2007
    UPDATED: 10:40 pm CDT September 23, 2007

MILWAUKEE -- A drunk samurai sword-wielding man seeking revenge on a former friend had the wrong apartment when he attacked a man and severed the victim's pinky finger Sunday morning, police said.

Officers said the 24-year-old assailant was so drunk on his way to the apartment at 49th Street and Euclid Avenue that he hit several cars parked on a nearby street.

The man knocked on some wrong doors first, police said, attacking one door with the 20-inch samurai-like sword and causing a lot of damage.

The last door he came upon was kicked and struck with the weapon, police said, and when someone opened the door, the man went after him with the sword, bending it and severing a finger.

Officers said the victim wasn't the man's former friend.

Neighbors said it was terrifying to hear the banging and screaming and not know what was happening.

"Scared, we were all scared. Everybody in building was scared. I thought 'No way am I opening my door' 'cause my kids said when that happens, don't," one neighbor said.

Police said the victim forced the man out of the building and an off-duty police officer who lives nearby heard the commotion, arrested the man and took him to jail.

The victim was taken to the hospital and released.
    Moral of the story: Don't open the door if someone is obviously irate on the other side. Or if you must open the door (family member outside, for example), be armed and ready.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Actually the guy got the right door because if he'd kicked in the door of some of the folks here, getting away losing a finger is light. Getting shot to rags is a sobering experience, and if he'd lived through the encounter, I don't think he'd ever indulge in alcohol again.

VIP Member
    "Scared, we were all scared. Everybody in building was scared. I thought 'No way am I opening my door' 'cause my kids said when that happens, don't," one neighbor said.
    This one needs some real help.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Links