Dog Training, Photography, Any Interest?

This is a discussion on Dog Training, Photography, Any Interest? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; These are some of my other interests, and I've noted a good number of the people on Defensive Carry have the similar interests and many ...

Thread: Dog Training, Photography, Any Interest?

These are some of my other interests, and I've noted a good number of the people on Defensive Carry have the similar interests and many have a lot of experience.

Since neither of these topics really fit within the Defensive Carry theme, I would be willing to host these topics on my forum. I have already discussed this with Bumper and have his permission to recruit some folks from Defensive Carry.

My reasoning for doing this rather than just joining some other forums is that here, I know many of the names and have come to respect the opinions I've seen. I have observed good judgment and the ability to instruct others. These are the kind of people I want to learn from.

So my question is two part, first to the folks that have experience with either topic, would you be willing to share your knowledge with us on the new forum.

Secondly, are there people from here that would benefit or participate in either topic? I have little or no dog training knowledge and a lot of questions. I'm a little better with photography but still have a long way to go. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Please let me know if you have any interest.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Assistant Administrator
    I'll take a rain check on dog training but - have been into photography for a few decades. Don't rate my work as especially top notch but can often help folks who are starting out.

Quite some time ago I made up a small site for THR to assist people regarding images and photography - a peek there could well help some folks.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

We have five dogs here. It is a step above controlled chaos. Don't know if I could help or not.

As for photo, I should be able to help. Many in here do very well with that medium so should be interesting.

I'm hoping everyone will just find their niche. Most of what I've learned in the last 10or so years comes from usegroups and forums. Just like here there are varying degrees of expertise, so everyone can find a place and level to fit in.

If we do this my forum is Christian based, but no one will attempt to cram anything down you throat. That simply isn't my style, and I will promptly jump on anyone who tries.

You'll have access to all the areas, the choice to participate or not is yours alone.

If you want to check it out the address is Forum. There are a few areas that you can see without registering. I have not set up either topic yet, I'm waiting to see what kind of response I get.

Thanks

Holdcard

4th Man Ministries

i would be very interested in dog training but i dont have a lot of knowledge to dish out about the subject.

Photography - I stink!

Dog Training - I'm a SAR dog trainer/handler so I might be useful there.

Quote Originally Posted by sarlady View Post
    Photography - I stink!

Dog Training - I'm a SAR dog trainer/handler so I might be useful there.
    I would welcome you, I know so little about training. Our Mastiff is 6 months old now and I really need to get going. He can sit and stay as long as I'm holding a treat, if I'm not it's a 50/50 proposition. Obviously he's getting me trained pretty well.

I know I need help, I've seen a few others here with questions too.

As far as photography goes, if you're interested you may be able to pick something up. I'm a dedicated amateur, so depending on where you're at I may be able to help. P95Carry has also logged on, you can see his work all over DC.

I'm just trying to provide a place for us that we can all learn and share. Basically the same philosophy as DC, just different topics.

Thanks for your willingness to help!

Holdcard

4th Man Ministries

VIP Member
    While I've trained our dog, I don't consider myself qualified to teach others. I use dogforums.com for my knowledge - it was there that I learned how to train Tanner. She can come, sit, stay, down, off, beg, fetch (most of the time), acknowledges "enough" and "drop it," and she's house trained.

Now I have to start all over with our new fluffball.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I added the topics yesterday, so please feel free to drop on by.

I really appreciate the support!

Holdcard

4th Man Ministries

Sponsored Links