Craze got a new toy.

This is a discussion on Craze got a new toy. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Last friday I went out and bought my first motorcycle. It's a Honda vtx 1300. It's my first bike. The weather has been great and ...

Thread: Craze got a new toy.

Craze got a new toy.

Last friday I went out and bought my first motorcycle. It's a Honda vtx 1300. It's my first bike. The weather has been great and I've put 400 miles on it since last friday. I think I'm going to enjoy this new mode of transportation.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Nice bike. A guy at work has the same model, he let me take it out. I was very impressed.
    Just respect the bike, respect the road, respect your riding ability and act as if all the cars want to kill you, and you'll be fine.
    "Just blame Sixto"

That looks like a sweet bike. I rode a Goldwing for many years in all seasons. I miss my motorcycles.

I like my Honda

and you know the old adage " There are old riders and
    there are bold riders, but there are no old bold riders."

Also there is "There are two kinds of riders, those who have dropped their bike and those who will"

Been riding for over 35 years be careful out there, a lot of people simply do not see or care and will pull out in front of you with the "they can stop for me" theory of operation.

now since we are on the subject my new toy...
    Attached Images
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Nothing like a new set o' wheels

Beautiful new Honda. That 1300 will keep you moving down the road at a nice clip, too. I am constantly impressed w/ the cruiser-type styles I see coming from the large Japanese manufacturers.

I'm a staunch BMW rider, and aside from one of the NEWER Harleys, I've never considered a cruiser until recently. Bikes like yours test my resolve to remain loyal to my beloved Bayerische Motoren Werke.

Congratulations on a fine new purchase. Ride safe, shoot straight!

GO BUCKEYES (sorry...hadda' throw that in)!!!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

wait a minute !.... your VERY FIRST BIKE ? and you choose a 1300 ?
    Nice bike....just be....safe.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    and you know the old adage " There are old riders and
    there are bold riders, but there are no old bold riders."

Also there is "There are two kinds of riders, those who have dropped their bike and those who will"

Been riding for over 35 years be careful out there, a lot of people simply do not see or care and will pull out in front of you with the "they can stop for me" theory of operation.

now since we are on the subject my new toy...
    There are also those who train.
    I recommend the Motorcycle Safety Foundation for the Basics, then Lee Parks Total Control (both the book and the class).

Plus one on the danger from other roadway users, you must be very careful out there, and ware all your gear, all the time. You never know when a blue hair, of puke kid is going to take you out.

Last thing. Have a little respect for other and keep it quite. I love motorcycle, I have been around them my entire life. I have race and ridden across this nation. But for the life of me I can't understand why people put straight pipes on bikes... it drives me crazy, and every year I have to go before the HOA and beg them not to ban motorcycles in our neighborhood. I even owned a time share once down in Georgia, when I arrived they told me, sorry no bikes. Wile the staff was nice, and loaned me a golf cart, and even allow me to park my bike at the front office... it pissed me off that a bunch to guy with no respect for others inconvenienced me because they have some strange desire to scream "Look at me, I'm a biker" to every freaking person on the planet.

Sorry for the rant...
    Support Maryland Shall Issue
    http://www.marylandshallissue.org/

Maryland Shooters,
    Visit http://www.mdshooters.com/

Thanks for the kind words and advice. Yes I have already noticed the motorcycles magical ability to make me invisible to traffic, or maybe like sixto said they just want to kill me.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    wait a minute !.... your VERY FIRST BIKE ? and you choose a 1300 ?
    Nice bike....just be....safe.
    Yes it's my very first bike. Prior to a couple of weeks ago when I took a motorcycle riders course I had never even ridden one. That first ride home from the dealer was a bit intimidating. The 1300 has a slightly different feel than the 250cc suzukis we rode in class. The gas tank looked like a coffee table in front of me.

I had initially settled on the 750 shadow. I decided I didn't want to get board with it too quick and figured I could handle the 1100 if I was cautious. But the dealer had a bunch of new 06 1300s they were selling for less than the 1100 shadow. Bigger bike less money....I couldn't resist.
    --George Washington

Craze,,, Well,,,, Are you coming to the Bike, Blues and BBQ down here in Fayetteville? It's this Weekend!!! Lots and Lots of Bikes here already.

Sheldon,,,, A gyrocopter!!! I would love to have one of those. I've read a lot about them and they look like it would be a blast.

Distinguished Member
    Man------thats Sweet.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    Craze,,, Well,,,, Are you coming to the Bike, Blues and BBQ down here in Fayetteville? It's this Weekend!!! Lots and Lots of Bikes here already.

Sheldon,,,, A gyrocopter!!! I would love to have one of those. I've read a lot about them and they look like it would be a blast.
    That sound like fun. Unfortunately I can't make that because I'm headed out to Oregon this weekend to visit my sister (flying not on the bike).
    --George Washington

Congrats...

on the new wheels...both of them...
    You're going to find out quickly (probably already have) why dogs like to ride with their heads out of car windows...(only bikers know why...)

Enjoy the bike...NIIIIIIICE...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Good-looking mc. I'm not up-to-date too much on what's out there. I've been out of mc for quite a while, maybe I decided to quit while I was ahead.

Be careful, they can be like guns, and you want to avoid the "ND" and "AD" in the same aspect.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon51 View Post
    There are also those who train.
    I recommend the Motorcycle Safety Foundation for the Basics, then Lee Parks Total Control (both the book and the class).

In Michigan you are required to take a motorcycle training school course with takes several days and is actually quite inexpensive $25.00 in most cases, then you have a probationary period where you are required to ride with and experienced rider. At least that is what my kids had to do to get their OCY stamp.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Links